OK, in a big way. so we now know that a return to some sort of public, paid work is likely this year. Now seems to be the time to canvas opinion on something that's been on my mind for a while, and to be fair, I don't really know what I will do. It's likely to be a case by case basis.

What worries me, is that many high class DJs ( especially those who have fallen through the various support nets) may have decided to give the game up, or cut back in a big way. Now there's one person we know, who's likely to have been impacted less than most, and that's our good friend, Sid. I reckon he's gonna come out of hibernation raring to go, for little more than a few cans of pop.
Added to the fact that many venues will be reopening at limited capacity, and with depleted coffers, and I reckon it's a perfect storm for prices going through the floor.

The contrary view is that if you're looking at Weddings and the like, there's likely to be a release of pent up demand, a shortage of high quality suppliers, and the opportunity of a price hike, or two. I've seen some people voicing the thought that it isn't fair for a wedding from April 2020 postponed until eventually July 2022 to cost the same price.

Personally, I do feel that there are going to be pleas from clients for a reduction in fees, some valid, some not. I'm always prepared to consider discounts, as I'd rather do a Disco for less than £200 than earn the same money in the day job. It's been ing hard work just lately.

Your thoughts on any or all of the above welcome, as always. The floor is yours.