Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Website reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post

Methinks part of the problem is not a lack of demand, but folks not being able to secure their venue - which, let's face it, is usually the first thing to get booked before other services get a look-in.
    Hence, so many enquiries for the vague " Scunthorpe, Hull, Nottingham, Leeds..........................". Who knows whether we're quoting for a five star hotel, where you can reverse the van into the function room, or a truly grotty boozer, parked half a mile away, and five flights of stairs to ascend.

Thanks Martin, that makes sense of what we've been seeing lately. Perhaps it isn't just the customers being lazy or inconsiderate.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

That explains an awful lot - thanks for the info Martin.
    Something else I learned today, Cambs registrars aren't booking ANYBODY in until 1st September, which explains why the two I booked over the weekend are for September

Roll on normality

To add a bit more meat, I looked back at enquiries received in the last 7 days to midnight Tuesday and compared to the same week in 2019:

Overall number of enquiries were UP almost 30%
    34% of all enquiries were for VENUE ONLY compared to less than 10%
    62% of all enquiries were for services PLUS venue recommendations, compared to less than 15%
    56% of all disco/services enquiries were for 'venue not specified' or 'venue not confirmed', compared to around 25%
    92% of all disco/services enquiries were for dates at least 90 days in the future, compared to around 60% (not surprising)

But perhaps most importantly, average suggested budget is up 46% on 2019 (we've not raised the suggested defaults in this time period).

Slightly more than HALF of all venue enquiries met with either an autoresponder about being closed / slow due to covid or a mailbox full error. I don't have stats for 2019 but from experience these used to be few and far between, perhaps 1 in 50 would bounce.

Window shoppers on the website are significantly up, way more than the +30% who are enquiring. Difficult to put an exact finger on it but it looks to be about DOUBLE 2019 rates.

There's a deluge waiting to happen folks. I also suspect there's going to be a deluge of existing bookings that have a change of venue once their preferred place lets them book. I base this assumption on the number of enquiries that specify a venue but also ask for venue recommendations!