Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Djay Pro, any users?

Default Djay Pro, any users?

Does anyone use/have knowledge of Djay Pro ( preferably Windows version)? My backup for the smaller rigs has for a long time been the Surface tablet, with a free music program. It used to be Edjing, but that seemed to get hard to search on. After that, I've tried various free ones, and I rather liked VDJ Home, but on the 10" tablet, it was a bit cramped.

I've just acquired a new Surface Pro, 12" screen, and I'm wondering whether to buy Djay Pro, or have another look at VDJ Home. Or is there some other program which might fit the bill? All I'm really looking for is something which can play a track or two if I had to either reboot the main playout, or I wished to leave it loaded with particular tracks to play instantly ( eg when you want Congratulations, or similar as the guest of honour walks in).

I'm open to any or all suggestions which can work with Windows 10. ( And if anyone wants to give me tips on Djay Pro, I'm all ears).
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

For the purpose of backup, in my view, you have two good options:

If you are already a Virtual DJ user, then don't forget your existing license enables you to install the software on up to two machines, provided the second installation is only for your use, for the purpose of a backup

Second, the option that comes in at your favourite price tag of 'Free' is a piece of software called Mixx. It looks like most DJ software - a couple of players and a media browser. And I previously used it as the main playout software before I moved to Virtual DJ. It's a very capable piece of software, and in the event of needing to run an entire evening on it, you wouldn't feel restricted.

DJ Pro is great and have used it as main playout for a few years now BUT I use a mac and hear it isn't very reliable on windows. Never tried it so may be wrong.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    DJ Pro is great and have used it as main playout for a few years now BUT I use a mac and hear it isn't very reliable on windows. Never tried it so may be wrong.
    Exactly what I heard. A couple of people on Youtube opine that the Windows platform is just a cobbled together effort, low on features, done to stop Windoze users moaning.

The good news is that with the slightly larger screen, and newer version, VDJ is usable on the touchscreen. Not ideal, but workable. The whole idea of using a tablet is so I can use my Citronic platform arm with the small booth, and gain space. With the larger booths, that's not an issue, and I could use the keyboard to type more easily. I can see me getting some sort of hub, to allow the use of a mouse though.

Thanks chaps, helpful as always.

Are you using the touchscreen skin for VDJ?
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Are you using the touchscreen skin for VDJ?
    Well when I touch the screen, things happen, if that's what you mean. Are you saying there's a special skin for that? Or will my tablet have defaulted to that? Blimey, this is confusing. Better inspect further.

The virtual DJ button layout can be changed by installing 'skins'. From memory though, the touchscreen skin comes with it now and should give you bigger buttons and controls to suit touch screen use (I've never tried it myself).

From memory you change skins by clicking on config, and then there's a skins button and you just pick it from the list.

As a side, if you login to the VDJ website you can also download lots of other goodies, like user created skins, plugins, fx, etc.
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

From memory you change skins by clicking on config, and then there's a skins button and you just pick it from the list.
    Correct, the 'tablet mode' makes all the buttons much bigger and easier to use on a touchscreen.

Nothing to download - it's all either within the settings - or possibly I think could be a button on the main screen (top right or top left rings a bell).

Over a year now since I last opened Virtual DJ so the memory on where buttons are isn't as good as it was!!

The virtual DJ button layout can be changed by installing 'skins'. From memory though, the touchscreen skin comes with it now and should give you bigger buttons and controls to suit touch screen use (I've never tried it myself).

As a side, if you login to the VDJ website you can also download lots of other goodies, like user created skins, plugins, fx, etc.
    Ain't that the truth!! Took me ten minutes just to look at them all! Think I'm good, thanks.