Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Roboscans / Reverse Phase plug / Dipswitch setting problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Stage Discos View Post

I really am at a loss to know what to do and I see posts on other forums where people have also had the same problems. Probably best to draw a line under this soon but one last post in case somebody out there knows the correct dip switch configurations, etc.
    From what I can see, don't use the reverser with the controller. Try just linking one unit to the controller first, and get it to work. Just use Dip1 on. Then try adding other units set the same way. They should all behave identically.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

So has the 2510 already got programs for 812s in it from a previous owner? Otherwise according to the 2510 manual it looks like you'll need to program using Lightjockey (a really old Martin software) or a 3032 (even more obsolete Martin machine) and transfer across to the 2510. If it's not got programs for 812s in it then don't even consider getting Lightjockey or a 3032, they're totally obsolete technology and you really need to flog the 2510 and get almost any DMX controller. I'm not going to attempt to recommend something suitable as there are so many and I don't know what your knowledge and experience level is, plus to be honest I'm not that up with them now anyway!

Assuming your 2510 is however preprogrammed... you'll be wanting to set the DIP switches as per page 8 of the manual for Martin mode as the 2510 outputs Martin RS485 not DMX. So unit 1 has just DIP 1 on, 2 has DIP2, 3 has DIPs 1 and 2 and unit 4 has DIP 3 on.

And just to confuse things don't forget that someone may could possibly have changed them from 5 channel to 7 channel DMX using the jumper on the PCB inside as per page 13 of the manual...

I'm not slating them as they're good little units if well maintained, but there's a reason that we're not all still driving round in Ford Anglias - technology moves on!

Good point Excalibur although I'd already said that in post 8. By the way, have you still got a Ford Anglia?!

Thanks all once again.

No question about these being really old technology. My affection for them is what swayed me to buy them. If I can get just two of them to sync then I will hold on to them for a little while. They are useful units for me right now but I've got my eye on some more Chauvet lighting as and when I can afford it.

I'll report back asap with any news of (hopefully) the fact that I've got them to work as I want them to.

I never had a Ford Anglia but that was one of the first cars I ever drove. The first 'car' I owned was a Transit. You'll never guess why.