Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Replacement LEDs. Where from?

Default Replacement LEDs. Where from?

Hi all.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything though.

Where do people for for replacement LEDs these days? I have some old lighting effects which I plan to sell, LED Boogies, etc. but I ought to get all the LEDs working before I do. Where do people get their replacement bulbs from these days?

I also have a simple laser effect which needs attention.

Since I have been out of the scene for a few years I am completely out of touch with who repairs what these days. A friend used to have a repair shop but he's gone out of business. How times have changed recently.

Thanks if anybody can help.

If I remember right ACME LED boogies use high brightness 5mm LEDs. They're mercilessly overdriven to get the required brughtness out of them so no wonder they all eventually dim & die. Your best bet would be to contact the tech department of the manufacturer for any replacement parts. For what it's worth the resale value of those type of lights makes any repair uneconomical anyway, especially in this financial climate.

Hmm, probably not worth bothering with then. I've had these for a while and thought they might be worth fixing.

Thanks Nakatomi.