Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Time to start advertising, but one small annoyance ...

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Stage Discos View Post
    Better to have the listings than not, even if half the discos are not in business anymore. Just a thought, maybe a 'Last logged in' date for each business would help instead of "This business may no longer be operating" etc.?

A new thread needed for this i think.
    Displaying the last login date may be a little too intrusive, and may be against data protection. I've gone with my original suggestion, which is now live, see Important - Log in at least once per year!

Don't think you should be looking at the forum as a marketing tool. It's a resource of information to better equip yourself out in that big bad world out there.

Considering there's no paid memberships etc I think asking for a directory to be working and effective is asking a lot of someone to give up their free time.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Considering there's no paid memberships etc I think asking for a directory to be working and effective is asking a lot of someone to give up their free time.
    I've already put the time in, everything now works as it should, including paid listings

Although, there are very few paid listings currently. I was thinking about offering 12 months free "Enhanced" listings to the first x, or x from each region, who apply - with certain stipulations (they must have a working website, for one!). Not sure how well that would be received, though (either by uptake or by those who don't get it). But usage is still fairly low all in so not really worth thinking about at the moment...
    Last edited by Marc J; 05-07-2021 at 10:41 AM.

"Every little helps" as a certain supermarket constantly tells us.

I think that's fair Marc. It shows you are on the ball and demonstrates that you have potential customer's best interests at heart.

Thanks for the further suggestions on places to advertise. I'll digest all these shortly. Meanwhile, I had Yell on the phone this morning trying to sell advertising. I don't think that's going to be happening somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Stage Discos View Post

I think that's fair Marc. It shows you are on the ball
    You've not had many dealings with the lad, have you? I don't know how he does it, but he's virtually omnipresent ( I suspect banks and banks of computers, with auto alert programs running ), and omniscient may be stretching it a tad, but what else could you call anyone who can keep my technology doing what it's supposed to do? Blimey, my Computer's even fitted with a Red Stripe dispenser now, courtesy of Marc.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    * NaD - I might ... look at re-joining
    Hold off until the 12th because if, as expected, BoJo announces the end of legal restrictions on the 19th there might just be a special offer going out to lapsed members...

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Hold off until the 12th because if, as expected, BoJo announces the end of legal restrictions on the 19th there might just be a special offer going out to lapsed members...
    You have my undivided attention Martin! I still remember the days where you used to do offers on your birthday! And you used to call me and James Ross "gig pigs".

How will you let me know?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    How will you let me know?
    Here you go...
    https://needadisco.com/site20/rejoin2021.php

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    You've not had many dealings with the lad, have you? I don't know how he does it, but he's virtually omnipresent ( I suspect banks and banks of computers, with auto alert programs running ), and omniscient may be stretching it a tad, but what else could you call anyone who can keep my technology doing what it's supposed to do? Blimey, my Computer's even fitted with a Red Stripe dispenser now, courtesy of Marc.
    If I didn't know Marc personally I'd think he was just a very clever AI Bot. I still suspect he's Borg.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I still suspect he's Borg.
    Likeliest answer I've heard so far.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk