Thanks for the replies and comments. All good advice.

We can agree and disagree about certain aspects of web design. Getting the SEO right is only one part of the battle and very important it is too! Using HTTPS as a ranking tool is new to me. Very interesting! The disco site is now 'secure', admittedly at the expense of one of my other sites not being secure anymore, but that wasn't delivering the goods anyway.

I have always believed that a website is there to show you mean business. It's a confirmation that you really exist and you can point people to it. Hoping that people find your website is a different matter. And this is exactly what pp has said.

Marc J:
I'm not getting huge results from the website so far but then it is still relatively new. It does appear to be working, however. There have been a lot of click-throughs from a Facebook ad I ran over the weekend, which is very encouraging indeed. I'd been experimenting with a new ad which actually produced the highest number of 'engagements' I've ever had from a FB ad, even if it did only produce one rather strange message. My web analytics show a sharp increase in visitors for the duration.

ppentertainments:
Getting people to my site, explained above in reply to Marc's post.

I disagree about the freebies. I'm a beggar at the moment and not a chooser, so compromises have to be made. The fact is, and always has been for my discos over the years, that having a presence on a stage, in a village hall, or wherever, almost always bring about enquiries and bookings, so I am happy to do one or two (Maybe three at the most if it's appropriate at the time) FREEBIES. These will of course be carefully chosen.

Imagine:
"there's a reluctance at the moment for people to commit to things" Indeed! Personally, I haven't heard anything to back this up, but I can imagine that this is absolutely the case. It's been an easy one to overlook for me as, based on what I have learned recently, I was expecting a rush of people eager to get back on the dance floor. This has been somewhat muted by the recent news of virus cases increasing and the government's usual confusing messages telling us that we can all return to normal and then that we can't return to normal.

Marc J & rth:
Again, it's a fairly new site and a work in progress. I keep adding to it. I hope to be taking some photos of the new rig this week now it's all complete. The ones you see on my site at the moment are very old ones and not at all good quality, hence the deliberate blurring, but they were only intended to be temporary anyway. Again, we can all debate what is a good website, etc. I've had no complaints so far, but it could do with some improvements, admittedly.