Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: It's not happening!

Right folks,

And as I'm one of the guilty ones, I'll severely reprimand myself.

Can we apply ourselves to getting John on the road to a full diary please? At this stage I must ask John, have you looked into Add to Event or NaD? Both are currently sending out leads at a rate of knots, and they're not all bargain basement.

I know that until you get feedback, work is harder to come by, and the vicious circle is that without work, you don't get feedback, but we all have to start somewhere.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Right folks,
    Both are currently sending out leads at a rate of knots, and they're not all bargain basement.
    Been a member of NaD for 3-4 weeks now, very few filters and only one lead 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Been a member of NaD for 3-4 weeks now, very few filters and only one lead 
    What do you expect, living in the wilds as you do? Between two and five a day from NaD and A to E is a constant stream. Granted, I've got my distances set near maximum on there, but they don't seem to have grasped that I automatically decline anything over 80 miles driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    What do you expect, living in the wilds as you do? Between two and five a day from NaD and A to E is a constant stream. Granted, I've got my distances set near maximum on there, but they don't seem to have grasped that I automatically decline anything over 80 miles driving.
    I peek in on addtoevent occasionally. Not much doing in my neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I peek in on addtoevent occasionally. Not much doing in my neck of the woods.
    Plenty of birthday parties in a club on the third floor from 2pm till midnight with a budget under £200

What you complaining about ?
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Plenty of birthday parties in a club on the third floor from 2pm till midnight with a budget under £200

What you complaining about ?
    And even more with all sizes of budget, just saying Leeds, Newark, Nottingham etc. There are places in Leeds I wouldn't ever go near, and there are others I'd gladly return to, particularly the one where you park three paces from the function room door, and ten paces from the granite DJ Booth!

Seemingly, also a lot of Garden Parties, with very few details. I'm led to believe that many folk want to book the party, but haven't actually got a venue yet.

re: helping our man get some gigs under his belt. It's not something I've ever done but I know some guys who have had really good success with paid Gumtree ads. Not great high paying fancy wedding / corporate gigs but if it's just to get the ball rolling them it's maybe something to consider...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    re: helping our man get some gigs under his belt. It's not something I've ever done but I know some guys who have had really good success with paid Gumtree ads. Not great high paying fancy wedding / corporate gigs but if it's just to get the ball rolling them it's maybe something to consider...
    When I started back up, I started with nothing (when I took my first bookings, I didn't even own any equipment).

I ran paid Facebook ads, and signed up to NeedADisco. The two got me my first 6 months worth of events before that gave me the funding to branch out in to other marketing avenues. Of course, I had to be pretty flexible with my rates - I was on average going out for between £295-£395 a night in the early days, but I didn't have any reviews or any photos. It got me those first, important events, which I used to get those photos and reviews. I worked really hard to win the gigs at the venues I wanted to be at. I shouted about those events, and kept the community centre ones quiet - good for bringing in some cash to pay off the equipment, but not the standard I wanted to set for future gigs.

So the key thing is, think about the purpose of each gig in the early days - what do you need from it help you get the next one.

Once I had photos of me at certain venues, it was much easier when I had enquiries at those venues come in, and I could send photos and testimonials from a past event at that venue.

Make a 12 month plan and break it down to what assets you need from every event.