Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Payment terms information.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I hear what you say/see what you type, but- the invoice isn't a contract. ( As far as I'm aware). Without a contract, I could send a client an invoice with all those details on, yet they wouldn't owe me any money. I haven't given them a service yet.
    Did you see me type the words "Send an invoice instead of a contract"? Or did I say that the payment due date should also be on your invoice?

There's a beautiful irony about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Did you see me type the words "Send an invoice instead of a contract"? Or did I say that the payment due date should also be on your invoice?

There's a beautiful irony about this.
    Benny, I'm merely trying to illustrate why I have done what I do up to now. I can see there's a strong argument for doing as you say. I am definitely considering following your advice. If I imitate you any more, I'll be a bloody clone*!

* ( With less hair and tattoos).
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

It goes in my email.

The contract and payments are two separate things.

Here's what I send:

Hi <first_name>,

Thank you for choosing <djemployee1_stage_name> for your <event_type>.

You have selected <package_name>

And the following extras <addon_list_no_prices>

Total <total_fee>

To secure your date, a deposit of <retainer_fee> is required, as well as confirming the booking.

Once this is complete, I will send a 'booking confirmed' email. Please allow up to 3 days to receive the booking confirmed email.

STEP ONE:

Please sign the online confirmation form, checking all details are correct before signing. Your digital signature is added at the very bottom of the page.

esignaturelink:11141

Important: Signing a document online is legally binding.

STEP TWO:

Make payment of the deposit of <retainer_fee> via bank transfer to the following account:

Account Number: ********
    Sort Code: **-**-**

Please use the following as the payment reference <event_date_day><event_date_month><event_date_year >-<event_id>

Alternatively, a credit or debit card payment can be made at <djemployee1_website>/pay. Your payment reference ID is: <event_date_day><event_date_month><event_date_year >-<event_id>

Once both steps are complete, your booking will then be confirmed, and date secured.

Please note that no booking is confirmed until both steps are complete, and you have received a booking confirmed email from me. I will provisionally hold your date for 7 days.

The balance of <balance_due> is due 14 days before the <event_type>.

Once again, thank you for choosing <djemployee1_stage_name>.

I'm looking forward to performing at your <event_type>.

Gavin

<djemployee1_email_signature>
    Last edited by rth_discos; 30-07-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Blimey Gavin, that leaves little wiggle room!!! I may stop quite a distance short of that level of information and warnings.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Blimey Gavin, that leaves little wiggle room!!! I may stop quite a distance short of that level of information and warnings.
    So far there has been zero confusion over what they need to do and what constitutes a 'booking'.

For people who have never booked a mobile DJ before, it helps them understand the process and what they need to do.

Mine's very similar to Gavin's (and we've never compared notes on this one). It works for me every time.

For those that don't confirm in the 7 days, the system sends a helpful little reminder telling them that unless they do as they're told, they lose their date (I added that particular email after some confusion a few years back whereby they didn't confirm the booking but thought I'd still turn up anyway!)

Hi <first_name>

Thank you for choosing Imagine Wedding & Party Entertainment for your <event_name> at <event_location> on <event_date_day_long><event_date_month_name> <event_date_year> .

To confirm the booking, you now need to do two things:

1. Read and sign the booking agreement
    This can done by reading and electronically signing it here
    esignaturelink:2
    2. Pay your booking fee of <retainer_fee>
    To secure your selected date, your booking fee of <retainer_fee> MUST be received by <due_date>
    The final balance of <calculated_value><total_fee>-<retainer_fee></calculated_value> is then on or before:<date_adder:-14><event_date_short></date_adder>

Sorry - I do not accept payment on the day of the performance.

Payment by bank transfer:
    You can pay direct into my bank account with the following information:
    Bank: xxxxxx
    Sort code: xxxxx
    Account no: xxxxxx
    Please use your booking ID <event_id> as your payee reference

Payment by PayPal:
    To pay using a credit or debit card via PayPal (no PayPal account is required), please log into the website at https://imagine-disco.co.uk with the following details
    User name:<username>
    Password: <password>

Until I'm in receipt of both the signed booking form and the booking fee, the event isn't considered to be booked. Your date is held until <due_date>, and I won't consider any other bookings for your date until this time.

If you have any questions or just want to chat about your event between now and <event_date_day_long> <event_date_month_name> , please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I look forward to working with you and I know you'll be happy you chose Imagine Wedding & Party Entertainment for your event.

Many thanks,

Wayne