Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My Denon Prime 4 Journey

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    . I'm not resistant to change, I just can't find a reason to spend the money and make the move in this direction.

Julian
    The only reason for me would be being battery powered. That's what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I got the swan flight case and I'm not trying to be macho man randy savage here but it's easily a one arm carry.

I've seen folks on the DJ forums use the soft case and I don't know how they can be ok with that, flight case all day long!
    Mayhap for you young 'uns, Neil. But what about us doddery old blokes, who struggle carrying the laptop?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I got the swan flight case and I'm not trying to be macho man randy savage here but it's easily a one arm carry.

I've seen folks on the DJ forums use the soft case and I don't know how they can be ok with that, flight case all day long!
    Very much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    The only reason for me would be being battery powered. That's what I'm looking for.

Mayhap for you young 'uns, Neil. But what about us doddery old blokes, who struggle carrying the laptop?
    Why would you need a laptop?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Why would you need a laptop?
    Well because, as far as I know, the Prime doesn't have Solitaire, or Facebook installed. Simples.

Well because, as far as I know, the Prime doesn't have Solitaire, or Facebook installed. Simples.
    You're supposed to be twiddling knobs and looking busy whilst playing Grandmasters during the wedding brekky!

Do what the rest of us do.....use the tablet to do those bits whilst occasionally looking like you're sliding the crossfaders

OK - back on topic with this one....my P4 setup is finally EXACTLY as I want it to be.

Yes, it's blimmin' heavy in it's flight-case (you'll understand when you look at the piccy below), BUT.....literally EVERYTHING needed for music and lights (apart from the actual PA and lights) is in there. Two XLR's and one 13a plug to be plugged in, and it's ready to party. It's even got a removable laptop arm on it in the right of the shot should I decide to go the VDJ route (as I still do for some weddings). Two mic receivers sit under the controller (my main handhelds and my kid's headset receivers), plus there's a work-light and wireless DMX transmitter built in.

Today, I took delivery of a very heavy duty stand (and NO Justin....it's NOT a console ). Because the flight-case has a 2u rack underneath the controller, I was finding it just a couple of inches too high on my booths to be comfortable for a 5-6 hour shift. The stand means that it's now a comfortable 2-3 inches lower and much easier to work on. It also fits behind ALL of my booths, so I can still go out with the starlit, the rustic, hell even the Retro - this setup now fits all, and I won't have the worry of the Equinox Mk2 collapsing under the weight of it. Because the top of the stand is slightly lower than most booth shelves, it's also a hell of a lot easier to get this lot from the floor and into position without breaking my back.

Why still a booth in front? It's a psychological thing and I still believe it repels boarders to an extent. Plus, I can now move the booth slightly forward of the controller to avoid those nasty beer spillages.

That said, plans are afoot to possibly "shroud" the stand in a minimalistic type of way so it could look like one of these trendy podium consoles without actually being one . It would have to stay black though so none of this white malarky

Another addition - look to the bottom left of the flight case. It's a neat little wall mounted microphone holder which is held on with heavy duty velcro and does a very good job of holding a mic and the cans. It's very easy peel off and on-able and sits nicely in the case when it's all put away.

Total time now from getting the kit into the venue to being fully operational (on average)? 15 minutes! Tear down is the same!

After far too many years of chopping and changing stuff around, I can finally say I'm 100% happy with my setup.

Name:  IMG_4530.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  179.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    OK - back on topic with this one....my P4 setup is finally EXACTLY as I want it to be.

Yes, it's blimmin' heavy in it's flight-case (you'll understand when you look at the piccy below), BUT.....literally EVERYTHING needed for music and lights (apart from the actual PA and lights) is in there. Two XLR's and one 13a plug to be plugged in, and it's ready to party. It's even got a removable laptop arm on it in the right of the shot should I decide to go the VDJ route (as I still do for some weddings). Two mic receivers sit under the controller (my main handhelds and my kid's headset receivers), plus there's a work-light and wireless DMX transmitter built in.

Today, I took delivery of a very heavy duty stand (and NO Justin....it's NOT a console ). Because the flight-case has a 2u rack underneath the controller, I was finding it just a couple of inches too high on my booths to be comfortable for a 5-6 hour shift. The stand means that it's now a comfortable 2-3 inches lower and much easier to work on. It also fits behind ALL of my booths, so I can still go out with the starlit, the rustic, hell even the Retro - this setup now fits all, and I won't have the worry of the Equinox Mk2 collapsing under the weight of it. Because the top of the stand is slightly lower than most booth shelves, it's also a hell of a lot easier to get this lot from the floor and into position without breaking my back.

Why still a booth in front? It's a psychological thing and I still believe it repels boarders to an extent. Plus, I can now move the booth slightly forward of the controller to avoid those nasty beer spillages.

That said, plans are afoot to possibly "shroud" the stand in a minimalistic type of way so it could look like one of these trendy podium consoles without actually being one . It would have to stay black though so none of this white malarky

Another addition - look to the bottom left of the flight case. It's a neat little wall mounted microphone holder which is held on with heavy duty velcro and does a very good job of holding a mic and the cans. It's very easy peel off and on-able and sits nicely in the case when it's all put away.

Total time now from getting the kit into the venue to being fully operational (on average)? 15 minutes! Tear down is the same!

After far too many years of chopping and changing stuff around, I can finally say I'm 100% happy with my setup.

Name:  IMG_4530.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  179.3 KB
    Thanks for sharing, this was entertaining

Default Never say never!

Over the years, I have seen colleagues have issues with the later Denon gear. I myself had a controller which refused to play nicely with my ( old and tired ) laptop, although it had worked perfectly with everything else connected to it before or since.

I have seen people bemoaning the foibles and failings of Engine software.

Then why, oh why do I want a Prime GO so badly? I must be crackers.

Perhaps it's because it will offer more capability on ceremonies in the middle of fields for me. It's capable of running on battery power. It doesn't need a laptop, but it will run with one. A well known global company are offering interest free credit on it. I don't have to stump up a grand tomorrow to own one. It fits in a Micron booth, again without needing a laptop where there's barely room for one.

I don't think there's anything else on the market with these capabilities. Numark and Gemini have P4 type machines, but without the vital battery facility.

Wayne, Benny- brace yourselves lads, you may just have been promoted to the rank of Honorary Help Desk Technicians, First Class. Watch this space.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Over the years, I have seen colleagues have issues with the later Denon gear. I myself had a controller which refused to play nicely with my ( old and tired ) laptop, although it had worked perfectly with everything else connected to it before or since.

I have seen people bemoaning the foibles and failings of Engine software.

Then why, oh why do I want a Prime GO so badly? I must be crackers.

Perhaps it's because it will offer more capability on ceremonies in the middle of fields for me. It's capable of running on battery power. It doesn't need a laptop, but it will run with one. A well known global company are offering interest free credit on it. I don't have to stump up a grand tomorrow to own one. It fits in a Micron booth, again without needing a laptop where there's barely room for one.

I don't think there's anything else on the market with these capabilities. Numark and Gemini have P4 type machines, but without the vital battery facility.

Wayne, Benny- brace yourselves lads, you may just have been promoted to the rank of Honorary Help Desk Technicians, First Class. Watch this space.
    I keep looking at the Go.

From a business perspective - for me - it makes no sense. I don't do anywhere near enough events that require me to have a battery powered controller for me to be able to justify getting one.

But I want one. I couldn't tell you why I want one, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I keep looking at the Go.

But I want one. I couldn't tell you why I want one, but I do.
    Snap. https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and...-PA-System/BPU