Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My Denon Prime 4 Journey

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    How's yours going Benny? Any tips I need to be aware of?
    It's going fine. I'm still learning the Denon layout, and I've actually caught myself looking down at the controller more than I am at the dance floor. You're more familiar with the Denon kit than I am, so you'll find your feet long before I can treat this as second nature. Beyond that, I have no issues with it at all. I do miss Autogain from Traktor, and I find it odd that the Prime 4 doesn't do this, but I'd best that'll be a firmware update at some point.

You'll love it, Wayne - it's a fun controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    a laptop is still needed to run SoundSwitch.
    Hmmm...looks like I have been corrected. It looks like the Prime 4 can be used, sans laptop.

Hmmm...looks like I have been corrected. It looks like the Prime 4 can be used, sans laptop.
    Yeah - I just got the email about that as well.
    Looks like I need to do some proper research into SS now. The temptation to have everything in one box is huge!

Yeah - I just got the email about that as well.
    Looks like I need to do some proper research into SS now. The temptation to have everything in one box is huge!
    Did you work out what'd gone wrong with it at the last gig Wayne? Is it ok now? My worst nightmare dropping that much money on kit & it falling over...

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Did you work out what'd gone wrong with it at the last gig Wayne? Is it ok now? My worst nightmare dropping that much money on kit & it falling over...
    Nope.

It was really weird. Plugged it in, turned it on and it comes up with a screen which asks if you want to load the user profile (as normal) and wouldn't let me click yes or no. In fact the only way I could get it to do anything at all was to pull the power lead (it's got a small battery reserve in it to dismount the disc etc). It did that three times!

And yet I plugged it in on Sunday night (and several times since) and it was OK. Whether it's because it was so damp, or in a very light marquee or maybe my fingers were cold or something I really don't know. I can't even find any similar problems on the interweb so I'll keep firing it up this week and see what happens.

If possible I'd really like to use it this weekend 'cos it's going to be a nice easy wedding and one our dear Old Git up North would absolutely LOVE! (it's going to be more about the fun and getting people dancing on the floor rather than sitting and listening to their travel to work faves )

I'm now in the process of updating the firmware to 2.0 - the new features make me a bit more happy (continuous play through a playlist...yes please!).

I'm now in the process of updating the firmware to 2.0 - the new features make me a bit more happy (continuous play through a playlist...yes please!).
    It's on my job list for this evening

It's on my job list for this evening
    Make it an overnight job. Engine DJ will need to analyse your tracks again.

Make it an overnight job. Engine DJ will need to analyse your tracks again.
    Oh, and my Prime 4 wouldn't update from 1.6 to 2 via wifi (it actually didn't recognise that 2 was available). I had to old skool it and connect the laptop and update that way. Your mileage may vary, but just in case...

I'm having a go on SoundSwitch. Gonna work on it this week with a target to debut it at Saturday's wedding.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the garage.