Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Denon Prime 4 Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I'm having a go on SoundSwitch. Gonna work on it this week with a target to debut it at Saturday's wedding.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the garage.
    Strangely enough that's exactly what I've been doing tonight.
    This is going to be a very long and painful process. The auto-scripts out of the box don't seem to do an awful lot!

I get that the tracks ideally need individually scripting but surely the auto script should suffice and look nice for those that aren't individually done shouldn't they?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Strangely enough that's exactly what I've been doing tonight.
    This is going to be a very long and painful process. The auto-scripts out of the box don't seem to do an awful lot!

I get that the tracks ideally need individually scripting but surely the auto script should suffice and look nice for those that aren't individually done shouldn't they?
    I've found that the autoscripts are...fine. Bearing in mind that it's not listening to a song, just analysing beatgrids and waveforms, it seems to be giving it a pretty good stab.

Whatever you choose to autoscript will need tweaking, but its a decent start. The only thing that bothers me is that it's very reliant on the pulse effect on the beat.

For now, I'm autoscripting my 00s, 10s & 20s folders, and creating custom scripts for the 'usual suspects'. From there, it will be a case of building on it for a few hours every week.

Oh...but I am going to spend a lot if time on a particular song to show off a bit!

I've found that the autoscripts are...fine. Bearing in mind that it's not listening to a song, just analysing beatgrids and waveforms, it seems to be giving it a pretty good stab.

Whatever you choose to autoscript will need tweaking, but its a decent start. The only thing that bothers me is that it's very reliant on the pulse effect on the beat.

For now, I'm autoscripting my 00s, 10s & 20s folders, and creating custom scripts for the 'usual suspects'. From there, it will be a case of building on it for a few hours every week.

Oh...but I am going to spend a lot if time on a particular song to show off a bit!
    That was my plan too....autoscript everything and then customise the stuff I use the most.
    I'm finding two particular problems though....Engine DJ seems to think everything has a beat grid, SS disagrees and has NO beat grids (and I'm not about to add beat grids to 50k tracks manually!)

The other is that the colours don't seem to be all that. It seems to stick to about three of them (mainly blue or white with the occasional shot of pink).
    Maybe I need to come back to it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I'm finding two particular problems though....Engine DJ seems to think everything has a beat grid, SS disagrees and has NO beat grids (and I'm not about to add beat grids to 50k tracks manually!)
    I found that at first before realising I hadn't told SS that I'm using Engine. If you haven't already, settings on the top right is self explanatory. If that's not the solution, then I'm out of ideas at the moment.

I found that at first before realising I hadn't told SS that I'm using Engine. If you haven't already, settings on the top right is self explanatory. If that's not the solution, then I'm out of ideas at the moment.
    Yup - tried that and then realised I needed to restart SS after making the change.
    I'm a bit more impressed now

All I'm trying to do at the moment is programme up my kid's party setup (a WashFX2 and a Swarm Wash FX). It's looking good at the moment but is going to take some serious tweaking for the wedding stuff.

Time now to try and get this info into the Prime....wish me luck

Interesting......

Having spent the entire day auto scripting my library and synching it to the P4....it doesn't work!

Here's the problem. I own a SS dongle....but it's faulty. The laptops don't see it (it used to work), so instead on previous attempts with SS I've used a bog-standard Entec OpenDMX dongle. It works and I have an email from SS to say it always will....until you plug the thing into the back of the P4!

Plug the SS dongle into the P4 and it sees it, but it keeps coming and going and no DMX signal is sent to the lights.

Ho Hum...that's another £30 thrown at this little project for a new dongle then (or should I buy two just in case? )

If its faulty, why buy a new one? Just exchange it.

If its faulty, why buy a new one? Just exchange it.
    Because it's way out of warranty. I got it when SS first went over to the micro-USB's

Oh WOW!

I've spent an evening "playing" with custom scripting a track. It's nowhere near complete and I'm going to be losing a LOT of hours on this thing!
    The capabilities and control over everything with SoundSwitch is absolutely amazing. This is going to be a game changer for me

How Does sound switch deal with static scenes for first dances ? i like to spot the couple with moving heads or leave hearts on the floor near.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)