Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Elusive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Do you chase them up for it?
    I send one post gig email out. My life isn't going to end if they don't leave feedback & I hate being pestered for reviews. Doesn't everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I send one post gig email out. My life isn't going to end if they don't leave feedback & I hate being pestered for reviews. Doesn't everybody?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Same here but it's still nice (for the ego and promotionally) to be getting plenty of returns - you're getting married at XYZ Castle? awesome, here's some feedback I received the last time I did a wedding in there......

My stuff is automated so I literally don't have to do anything except change their status once the feedback comes in.

An e-mail goes out right after the wedding, if their status isn't changed to "feedback received" 4 weeks later, they get a 2nd e-mail. After that I'm not expecting anything so that's that.

If I wrote my own feedback it wouldn't be anything like this good!

Name:  image1088.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  96.4 KB

PS this was unprompted. Not unprovoked haha

The odd thing is, that wedding wasn't too much different from any other that ended up absolutely bouncing. I can't put my finger on what made the connection with the client ring like that.

Apparently one of their guests is looking to book me for their wedding. I told that client well, better make sure they invite the same guests too
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 01-11-2021 at 11:31 PM.

I wonder if Joe Public reads this forum ?

Since posting about it I have changed nothing but received a LOT of feedback and reviews - this Sunday by 10am for example I had received a review and 2 emails from Saturday nights weddings.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I wonder if Joe Public reads this forum ?

Since posting about it I have changed nothing but received a LOT of feedback and reviews - this Sunday by 10am for example I had received a review and 2 emails from Saturday nights weddings.
    Sometimes I think we can fret too much

Sometimes I think we can fret too much
    In all honesty, when I think about how much blood sweat and tears we put into the shows/rigs, I know we do! I'm strongly considering going back to two cheap old 12" tops, a tabletop rig, all cables on show on a venue table, and the cheapest lights I can strap to a t bar.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    In all honesty, when I think about how much blood sweat and tears we put into the shows/rigs, I know we do! I'm strongly considering going back to two cheap old 12" tops, a tabletop rig, all cables on show on a venue table, and the cheapest lights I can strap to a t bar.
    The graft I put into the gig that got me that feedback... That HSM medley edit was a labour of.... Well not love but I made sure it 'worked'...