Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Speed/Tempo issue in Virtual DJ

  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Holbeach, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    73

    Default

    I suppose they must be catering for the majority. I can imagine there are more DJs who would take advantage of these facilities than those who won't need them.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    3,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Stage Discos View Post
    I suppose they must be catering for the majority. I can imagine there are more DJs who would take advantage of these facilities than those who won't need them.
    Oh I take advantage of VDJ features alright - I just don't want IT messing with what I intend to do. For what it's worth I think a lot of DJs out there using VDJ aren't actually DJing but merely dragging tracks into the automix column. Look at how few DJs now use anything for a controller as a clue....

    I'll sometimes shift the next track up or down a semitone (or 3 if it's an instrumental) to match the key of what's playing now. Sometimes I like to have auto pitch lock turned on, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I want to mix the next track in. Sometimes I don't, so I don't need its key or speed changed thankyou very much VDJ!

  3. #13
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    66
    Posts
    26,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    For what it's worth I think a lot of DJs out there using VDJ aren't actually DJing but merely dragging tracks into the automix column. Look at how few DJs now use anything for a controller as a clue....
    Wash your mouth out with soap!! How dare you insult the vast majority of diligent and engaged DJs all over the land!



    As a lifelong user of little more than volume faders and play buttons, I am in awe of those people who use all the bells and whistles on their machines. One time at BPM, while waiting for friends, I spent a happy half hour or so listening to the folk playing their stuff. I admire the skill of anyone in any walk of life who is so good at what they do, that it looks so easy.

    However, Justin: I have seen those DJs to whom you refer. Oh My Lord! ( Unless you corner me at BPM over a coffee).
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    3,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Wash your mouth out with soap!! How dare you insult the vast majority of diligent and engaged DJs all over the land!



    As a lifelong user of little more than volume faders and play buttons, I am in awe of those people who use all the bells and whistles on their machines. One time at BPM, while waiting for friends, I spent a happy half hour or so listening to the folk playing their stuff. I admire the skill of anyone in any walk of life who is so good at what they do, that it looks so easy.

    However, Justin: I have seen those DJs to whom you refer. Oh My Lord! ( Unless you corner me at BPM over a coffee).
    I know you're not one for all the bells & whistles Peter but I don't hold any less regard for you for that. Any DJ who still uses faders & actual buttons is to be lauded.

    That's another thing about virtual djs default settings actually. Automix always sounds like amateur hour on the default settings. Even moreso if the mix points aren't set on tracks.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I know you're not one for all the bells & whistles Peter but I don't hold any less regard for you for that. Any DJ who still uses faders & actual buttons is to be lauded.

    That's another thing about virtual djs default settings actually. Automix always sounds like amateur hour on the default settings. Even moreso if the mix points aren't set on tracks.
    Via my hotel residency, I was accused recently by a bride that I used the auto program on my computer recently as I wanted an easy night.

    So I took great delight in responding that, as a techno dinosaur still playing from CDs, I don't have a computer to DJ with and the only auto facility I have is five of them on the end of each arm, which I use to manually select the CD, put it in the player and press the play button.

  6. #16
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    66
    Posts
    26,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Via my hotel residency, I was accused recently by a bride that I used the auto program on my computer recently as I wanted an easy night.

    So I took great delight in responding that, as a techno dinosaur still playing from CDs, I don't have a computer to DJ with and the only auto facility I have is five of them on the end of each arm, which I use to manually select the CD, put it in the player and press the play button.
    And oh how delighted I was to hear that you were the offender, and not me. For one awful moment, I feared that it was the gig where I started the music, loaded up autoplay, and nipped off to McDonalds for a coffee*.


    * And for those of you who still can't spot my whimsies, the libations at one of Ronald's emporiums ( emporia? ) take place after the gig, never during. The more sceptical among us may perhaps wonder if Matthew's bride was perhaps angling for a reduction, on the grounds of finding fault with the lad over something, anything. I reckon Sir Francis* may be spot on.

    * Come on, don't make me have to explain everything. Google " House Of Cards".
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    3,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And oh how delighted I was to hear that you were the offender, and not me. For one awful moment, I feared that it was the gig where I started the music, loaded up autoplay, and nipped off to McDonalds for a coffee*.


    * And for those of you who still can't spot my whimsies, the libations at one of Ronald's emporiums ( emporia? ) take place after the gig, never during. The more sceptical among us may perhaps wonder if Matthew's bride was perhaps angling for a reduction, on the grounds of finding fault with the lad over something, anything. I reckon Sir Francis* may be spot on.

    * Come on, don't make me have to explain everything. Google " House Of Cards".
    Funny you should say that Peter. In the mists of time when I was 'somebody else's guy' I'd sometimes have to work alongside another colleague working for the same character in a different room in the venue. Imagine my surprise as a staff member asked me if I could 'sort his music out' because it'd stopped while he was OUT GETTING A MCDONALD'S

    Ahhh automix. You gotta love it ddontcha

    See also:. Annoying Xmas party guests with less well known modern rnb in the hope they'll leave early. Gawd I wish I'd thought of that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •