Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outgoing PMs not working

Default Outgoing PMs not working

Could an Admin or Mod help please? I am receiving private messages but unable to post replies.

Apologies for posting this here but I don't know where else to post about this as I can't post a PM to an admin! The mods can always delete this thread after reading.

Thanks.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Stage Discos View Post
    Could an Admin or Mod help please? I am receiving private messages but unable to post replies.

Apologies for posting this here but I don't know where else to post about this as I can't post a PM to an admin! The mods can always delete this thread after reading.

Thanks.

John.
    I reckon Marc J is the man to solve this. I will make him aware, if he hasn't already seen it. At a wild guess, it's a setting at your end.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Thanks Excalibur. I just replied to your PM and it looks like it's disappeared into the ether again. I have no Sent Items since October 21st - when I was first aware that something wasn't right. Previous PMs are still present. Thanks if anybody can help.

Now I don't want to boast about my immense IT knowledge. but I've pressed some buttons randomly, and might have fixed it.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Testing testing, 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... is this thing on?

That seems to have done the trick, thank you. Still not seeing ANY previous PMs in Sent Items, which I think I should be, but I can see the reply in the message thread after I have posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now I don't want to boast about my immense IT knowledge. but I've pressed some buttons randomly, and might have fixed it.
    Without knowing what you did, I'm afraid I have no idea what was wrong. Probably user error, it always is

That seems to have done the trick, thank you. Still not seeing ANY previous PMs in Sent Items, which I think I should be, but I can see the reply in the message thread after I have posted.
    Not sure why you tested the PM system with a reply here, that would send you an email (if subscribed to the topic), not a PM. I think you may be getting your terminology confused?

Twas a bit of fun - and, yes, I actually thought I had posted a PM. Must be my old age getting the better of me.

Twas a bit of fun - and, yes, I actually thought I had posted a PM. Must be my old age getting the better of me.
    No problem.

I just looked in your account options and you have the saving of sent PMs set to off. Go here and scroll down to "Private Messaging" section - "Sent Private Messages:" and set that to save a copy: -

Name:  pm-settings.png
Views: 72
Size:  52.7 KB

Remember to scroll to the bottom and [Save Changes]
    Last edited by Marc J; 24-10-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Marc. Appreciated.

I've done exactly as you said. Still not sure how this came to be marked as 'Off' as PMs *were* working fine, Sent Items too. I run a phpBB bulletin forum elsewhere, nothing to do with discos, and should have thought to check this, but since I hadn't actually made any changes I assumed something more technical.

Will give it a try again and report back if anything is untoward.

Cheers.

John.