Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: There is always ONE

Default There is always ONE

I have been DJing at weddings for some years now and I fee like I have almost heard it all when it comes to wedding guests. There is always (maybe not always but a LOT of the time) that one guest who is a pain in the a**.

The one that comes up to tell you that he is also a dj and wants to check out your gear.

The one that has not got a clue about music but thinks he’d be a much better DJ and spends all night telling you how to do your job. (I once had someone ask me for DARUDE - Sandstorm at 7.30pm. I told him it was on my list and I would be playing it later as it was way too early, he disagreed and told me it would “get everyone on the dancefloor” He then proceeded to get his friends who didn’t even know the song, to come up and suggest the same song at intervals over the next two hours. Eventually I played it during a classic house/trance set and he ran up and said “SEE! I TOLD YOU”

I want to hear your stories about frustrating guests, I’m sure I can identify with most of them haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzandgroove View Post

I want to hear your stories about frustrating guests, I’m sure I can identify with most of them haha
    When I was resident at a venue, I could easily be playing music at weddings there before 7pm, with a 1am finish. Oh yes indeed, I have had the guests enquiring at 7.05pm why I'm not already playing something bangin' to fill the dancefloor?

Answer: because it's a flaming long time till 1am.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

There is usually one, they're not worth stressing about. Chances are they're a pain in the arse with the rest of the guests too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    There is usually one, they're not worth stressing about. Chances are they're a pain in the arse with the rest of the guests too.
    I actually had one try and start a fight with me at a wedding once because I wouldnt play his song haha. He got kicked out of the wedding.