Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who to complain to?

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Stage Discos View Post
    Absolutely. But their attitude doesn't help matters. However, As of an hour ago, they have allowed some of our photos. There's still a few more which they did not receive and which we hope will be approved soon. Fingers crossed.

There's no doubt they could have done much better. As my friend says, they are an agency (marketplace, or whatever you want to call them) and a 'service' which constantly have to be watched as they are always changing their rules. Rules which have made us invisible at times. We adapt keywords in our listing to second-guess what the general public might use for their own search criteria and then we will appear without any problem. Then that search criteria is changed without warning and we disappear again. That's not exactly helpful.
    If you're relying on Poptop for bookings, just don't. They don't get anywhere near the volume of traffic and leads to sustain a single operator, let alone a multi-op. My impression is that instant quotes confused the public and killed activity on their site and they've been struggling to survive ever since.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post

If you're relying on Poptop for bookings, just don't. They don't get anywhere near the volume of traffic and leads to sustain a single operator, let alone a multi-op. My impression is that instant quotes confused the public and killed activity on their site and they've been struggling to survive ever since.

Julian

Indeed. They clearly have problems and sometimes little thought for the supplier. They seemed VERY helpful at the beginning and couldn't do enough to help. I think the person who was the most helpful at the beginning has since left, which is a shame as she spent some time on the phone trying to sort out the various issues were were having. But even she towed the party line, so to speak, and became a little less willing to help in the end. They probably got fed up of me contacting them, but what else are we supposed to do when things don't work? I was always polite, but I must admit that my patience has started to wane in recent days.

Two things to add. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm sure they changed their commission system recently. It used to be taken out of our income, but now they simply add it on top of our price. Not sure I am in agreement with this. I could never fully understand their pricing, but that might just be me.

There is actually one good thing to come from this. I think Poptop might have actually unwittingly generated bookings for us. Speaking to a colleague yesterday, he said he was in no doubt that people see the listings on Poptop and then search for the disco company directly. Maybe that's why we've done so well from our website. (That reminds me too, I need to sort that as something has gone embarrassingly wrong with the photos on there now. I am currently in the process of building a new site.)

After doing a quick check on our listing, which was approved yesterday, I find another discrepancy. This time between the photos which have supposedly been 'approved' and are shown as active in our control panel, and those which are visible to clients when you select the "View As Client" option. The two sets of photos are completely different! Another system fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Stage Discos View Post

There is actually one good thing to come from this. I think Poptop might have actually unwittingly generated bookings for us. Speaking to a colleague yesterday, he said he was in no doubt that people see the listings on Poptop and then search for the disco company directly. Maybe that's why we've done so well from our website.
    Hence the value of a company which gets your name shown in as many places as possible. I forget how many times mine has been shown to possible clients on a certain site, which a lot of people use if they need a disco.

Usually, it's the more savvy customers who contact you outside of the site, in the expectation that it will cut out a middle man, and save fees somewhere. If you contact the resident/packaged DJ at a venue directly, you save the hotel mark up straight away, and possibly VAT as well.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Yep. They've certainly shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I forget how many times mine has been shown to possible clients on a certain site
    28,967 times per day on average over the last 7 days in a variety of different formats

Member Dashboard -> Support -> Surfaces gives the detail for the last 10,000 (or 8 hours in your case)

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    28,967 times per day on average over the last 7 days in a variety of different formats

Member Dashboard -> Support -> Surfaces gives the detail for the last 10,000 (or 8 hours in your case)

Blimey Vectis, you've got the sensors set at maximum, haven't you? I'd ask for a discount for the shameless plugs I give you, but when I renewed this year, I saw what I was saving anyway. You'll be glad when I retire.

Edit: Seriously, I had a glance at it once recently. My name does indeed get put in front of a lot of enquirers. Thanks young man.

Might not be the case, but some of those stats might just be bots?

These days, human visitors are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Might not be the case, but some of those stats might just be bots?
    As long as they have the money to book me, I don't care. I've worked for all nationalities and creeds.