Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Kam pcb

Question Kam pcb

Hi all, I'm new to this forum.
    I have a pair of kam party bars v2 and on one of them the mode selector button on the pcb is broken and not working.
    Does anyone know where I could find a replacement?
    Thanks in anticipation

I suspect that you may easily be looking for someone who is breaking one. I know KAM went bust, and rose phoenix like from the ashes as another entity, if I remember correctly. Someone will know.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

The mode selector switch is very likely a dead easy fix, if a suitable replacement part can be found. Post pics here I might be able to help. Failing that, I'm pretty sure any competent electronic repair shop would be able to do it fairly cheaply.

Things like this are usually dirt cheap tactile switches with plastic buttons pressing on them from the casing. It'll likely be the switch itself that's gone wonky. They're usually pretty small, about 5mm square, a few mm high and take all of 5 minutes to replace.

You might be able to carefully remove the circuit board & spray switch cleaner into the offending switch. Spray, then actuate the switch a good few times, spray again & repeat. If it starts working again, happy days

Default Pics

Thanks for your response, I have attached two photos, I had already stripped it down.

I will take your advice and look for an electrical shop and see what they say.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images   

You weren't kidding when you said it was broken

Rs components part number 785-6302 looks like a dead cert. Obviously dimensions etc would have to be verified but looks like a good bet. £1.36 each Inc vat. Where are they making any profit?

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/tactile-switches/7856302

Default Pcb

Thanks for that, I'll give them a call.
    👍

Well done Justin. I never cease to be amazed at the collective knowledge shown here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk