Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photobooths

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Be aware if purchasing second hand that some software doesn't allow the license to be transferred - so the software will work "as is", but you won't be able to access any updates without purchasing the software again.

Also, check carefully the cost of paper - I've seen some say it has got quite expensive recently.

Finally, will you be manning the booth or leaving it unattended? Consider the costs of manning it - or the damage risks of it being unattended with drunk people.

However, I'm with others - I don't see a photobooth sideline as something that will "fill" your diary on the dates you're not doing the disco. You'll be effectively trying to market two different services, rather than focus on one. Sure, if you can see it as an easy upsell to your existing bookings, then I think it could be viable, but not if you're planning to market it as a standalone option.

Finally, yes, you might have seen photobooths at events you been at, but how were they booked? Until you know who they booked them through, then it's hard to determine if you have a route to market such a service.
    Paper has gotten expensive as there was a massive supply shortly with no warning. If you're smart then you keep a few boxes spare at all times, the ones that kinda went hand to mouth got hit hard (media doesn't really have an expiry date).

No way should you leave a booth unattended. If you want to go down that route then check out the various ipad stands with social media sharing and no printer.

I have to disagree with the not filling your diary out. Sure it's a sound and easy add on but I've done countless photobooth events when they've had no DJ or entertainment.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    No way should you leave a booth unattended. If you want to go down that route then check out the various ipad stands with social media sharing and no printer.
    I guess it comes down to what the definition of what a "photo booth" is... I've seen countless iPad stand style "booths" that have been left unattended.

Marketed as a booth, and the client calls it a booth - and of course, much cheaper than what you or I would consider a proper booth, with a member of staff operating it...