Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it wise to go backwards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Equinox COB micro bar, because it's small, and Andy had it on clearance. If I read correctly, the Chauvet is down on power, at 36w against 80w of COB. ( Unless the Chauvet means 3watts per colour, thus 27w per can. )

It's not built like the Thomann, but it's featherlight and unobtrusive. After one run out I'm happy enough. It only dims on static colours though.
    £150 with a 10 year warranty - that DOES sound appealing.
    Be interested in a report after using it - Mr Sceptic here thinks it looks too good to be true but will hopefully be proven wrong.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    £150 with a 10 year warranty - that DOES sound appealing.
    Be interested in a report after using it - Mr Sceptic here thinks it looks too good to be true but will hopefully be proven wrong.
    Ten years? Shows three years on my link. It's got plastic casings, wouldn't last five minutes on a hire rig. It does come with a remote included, but I have never got on with them. It's basic, but under 7 channel DMX, one fader will pick a preset colour or program. Biggest niggle for me is that the master dimmer is bypassed by that fader, so it's maximum output only. After one gig, I'm still happy.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Equinox COB micro bar, because it's small, and Andy had it on clearance. If I read correctly, the Chauvet is down on power, at 36w against 80w of COB. ( Unless the Chauvet means 3watts per colour, thus 27w per can. )

It's not built like the Thomann, but it's featherlight and unobtrusive. After one run out I'm happy enough. It only dims on static colours though.
    Doubt it'll be 3w per colour. The clue is in the figure for total power consumption anyway.

Besides it's not how many watts, it's how bright the blasted thing is, innit guv.

My 2x Thomann CrownFX pars outdo what my old beloved gigAbar could do. And more. If I wasn't so fond of midair beams ....

Just brought a ADJ UB12 Hex to replace my 4 Moving Head Washes. Will do the same job as those plus gives me a UV Option.

My Standard Rig will now be the Ultra Bar, x2 LED Derbys and x2 LED Moonflower Gobos.

Will prob shave off at least 15 minutes setup time and will provide a decent wash on the dancefloor. I highly doubt the Punters will notice any difference!

Everything is becoming smaller and lighter, Give it another couple of years and I should get the disco into a Ford Fiesta!
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by lazersounds View Post
    Everything is becoming smaller and lighter, Give it another couple of years and I should get the disco into a Ford Fiesta!
    The sticking point for me remains the booth.

The Equinox Micron Booth had potential, but packed away, isn't really much smaller than the full sized Equinox booth.

If we could get a really lightweight simple booth that packed down really small, that didn't need to hold much (10-20kg max for a flight cased controller)

Paladin Innovations has the 4ft Compact Booth - which breaks down in the way I'd like, but can I really spend *that* much on a booth just to make it a bit smaller when carting it around?

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

The Equinox Micron Booth had potential, but packed away, isn't really much smaller than the full sized Equinox booth.

If we could get a really lightweight simple booth that packed down really small, that didn't need to hold much (10-20kg max for a flight cased controller)

Paladin Innovations has the 4ft Compact Booth - which breaks down in the way I'd like, but can I really spend *that* much on a booth just to make it a bit smaller when carting it around?
    Didn't we have someone that used to use flight-cases as the deck stands and then just put one of those screamed clothes horses around it at one point? May have been Toby but can't honestly remember. Can't get much more lightweight than that!

Take it you're on the mend now by the way Gavin?

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

Yeah, it is the booth which is just slightly too big to allow me to really use a car. The micron booth fits, but then I really need podiums for most places.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk