Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: RCF 935A Speakers

Default RCF 935A Speakers

Anyone got any experience with the RCF 935A speakers? My normal go to speakers are a Jmix8 and a normal J8. I've got a set of DSP10s as backup but been thinking my Backup may as well be my big system too (which i normally hire in)

Got a few bigger events this year in Gym's and Marquee's where the throw needs to be a bit more than the 915's 1.75" VC can offer. I don't think i want to go down the 945 route as if i did need to use them in a normal venue i think it would be too large a VC (4") for a standard room, whereas the 935's 3" would be a nice compromise.

Plan is eventually to pair them with some 8003 subs for bigger events.

Thoughts?
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

If you're going to be pairing with subs for the larger events, the advice I was always given was to go with the 12" tops, as 15" can be a bit muddy when paired with subs.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    If you're going to be pairing with subs for the larger events, the advice I was always given was to go with the 12" tops, as 15" can be a bit muddy when paired with subs.
    I agree entirely. Recently, I've heard a lot of systems where a 15" cab on its own sounded fine, yet with a 15" sub it sounded awful. You can't beat having an active crossover to fine tune the sound. You're proposing 18/15, which could perhaps be a tad muddy, I'm not a fan of 18" subs myself. One of these days, I must hear Mr Neen's rig in use, although he's got array tops with his.

However, the question is frequency of use. How often would these cabs go out on their own, and how often with subs? If they go out solo nine times out of ten, and one with subs, then it's 15" tops. If it's half and half, then 12" tops are a good call.
    Curiously, I heard 932 tops demoed once, and at close quarters, they were painfully awful! They might have been better on top of a stack from about a hundred yards, of course.

I'm not sure there's a definitive answer to this query, other than " listen before you buy".
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk