Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: LD Systems Dave 15/18 g3

Default LD Systems Dave 15/18 g3

Hi All,

Been looking at these as a solution to my desire to have matching black and white speaker system without dropping £4k+ on 2 full systems.

Anyone have any views on them? real world use reports would be great. They would be replacing Evox 8 v2 (the wood versions) and the LD Maui 28 g2's.

Plan is to get 2 sets. paint one set of tops white and leave both subs black and leave them under the booth. on display when using the black setups.

Thanks in advance.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)

I seem to remember our learn'd friend Oop t'North had a set of Daves at one point.

Meanwhile - do you take white PA out that often? I sprayed my Maui 28's white when I got my Evolves and they've only been out a handful of times. Don't know if it's a regional thing but it's really rare for my all white package to leave the storage unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I seem to remember our learn'd friend Oop t'North had a set of Daves at one point.

Meanwhile - do you take white PA out that often? I sprayed my Maui 28's white when I got my Evolves and they've only been out a handful of times. Don't know if it's a regional thing but it's really rare for my all white package to leave the storage unit.
    Your memory is fallible, my dear friend. Never owned a Dave, although I did bid for one from Toby, and also one from Ebay, but never owned either.

White PA? In my exceedingly humble opinion, it's a valuable thing to have up your sleeve/in your van. For reasons which we will not go into here, I bought a white Maui 5 GO for a battery powered ceremony. The second one followed shortly after. If I'm honest, over a hundred people in a big marquee is a big ask for them, and I'd love something like Wayne's 28s. Most weddings get the full white treatment, or rustic booth plus white.

However, just like Steve's cunning plan, I could easily hide one or two powered twelve inch cabs under the booth to help out. Haven't done so yet, but who knows?

Steve, I've never done it, but I can understand your train of thought. It seems a workable theory. Would I do it? Probably not. I think I'd hang onto the 28s and trade the Evox against some white Maui 11s. That's the first idea I came up with. Don't say it's right, of course.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

I'd say its about 30% of my gigs they ask for the white. I feel like the Maui 28s can't keep up with the Evox 8s so whenever i use the rustic i tend to use black speakers and lights rather than white so i have the better sound system. (plus the evox are much quicker to setup and take down)

Mike at the local shop says you cant get bigger sound for that price but testing it in a venue is very different to a show room, so was hoping someone had used some in anger.
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)