Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: The MDD Wordpress Speed Challenge

Default The MDD Wordpress Speed Challenge

I was looking around and it seems the vast majority of MDD members use WordPress for their site(s).

If any of you want to let me clone your site to my dev server, I'll apply some "tweaks" and try to speed it up. This would be on a dev URL so the site would be live alongside your actual site (I'd add code to exclude it from search engines, though, just in case).

If I manage to speed it up according to https://pagespeed.web.dev/, https://gtmetrix.com/ and / or https://tools.pingdom.com/ I'll give the option of moving your hosting to me, matching what you currently pay (within reason - no deep discount all you can eat deals!).

Probably best to PM me if you're interested. No commitment - even if I do speed it up you can walk away and I'll delete the dev site!

Of all the various hosting, web design and in fact any website related individuals I've dealt with over the years, Marc has been the only one that's been reliable, knowledgeable and quick to reply.

*brown nosing mode off *
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Thanks for the kind words, Neil

In true "Blue Peter" style, here's one I did earlier. This was a few years back on a site I didn't have anything to do with design-wise, but the client wasn't happy with the speed. It was a fairly resource-heavy site for what it was, and my tweaks didn't involve any image optimisation which would have further improved the scores, but I did manage to improve it (significantly, by some metrics).

Google Page Speed

GT Metrix

Pingdom

Hmmm....I think I've probably got it covered I'm afraid. Of course, I'm always up for a challenge

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 00.51.02.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 00.51.14.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  29.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Hmmm....I think I've probably got it covered I'm afraid. Of course, I'm always up for a challenge
    Those are some good scores, Wayne, well done!

There's always room for improvement, though! It'd be interesting to see if I could manage to improve it... and like you I'm always up for a challenge

If you want me to have a go just PM or email me, you'd just need to get a database and files backup of the current site to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Of all the various hosting, web design and in fact any website related individuals I've dealt with over the years, Marc has been the only one that's been reliable, knowledgeable and quick to reply.

*brown nosing mode off *
    I'd have to agree totally with Neil's comments, although Marc does moan a lot about my internet connection speed, when he has to remote in to sort out my foul ups!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk