Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bursts of static/white noise

Once again, thank you for your replies, they all makes sense. The only thing i will say is that it's not a hiss, its like a crackling static noise, very loud. I have borrowed a multimeter to check all my cables and i will not use the radio mic next time and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    If it was me, I'd be setting it all up again and trying to re-create the problem. Problem solving is much easier when you're not giving yourself a heart attack about it. Take out one element one by one until you find the problem lead, socket etc...
    Well yes, but:
    If it's venue specific ( as I suspect it may well be ) you'll never find it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewarp View Post
    Once again, thank you for your replies, they all makes sense. The only thing i will say is that it's not a hiss, its like a crackling static noise, very loud. I have borrowed a multimeter to check all my cables and i will not use the radio mic next time and see how it goes.
    Now personally, I would. Granted, I would have a cabled mic wired in as well, and a second cabled mic on standby, in case it isdown to the radio mic.

I'm now about to wander off into my shed to recreate an intermittent DMX issue, which I feel confident will be conspicuous by its absence.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    The only thing I'd be 99% certain about would be that it's venue related. Usually a fridge/freezer/thermostat controlled item firing up intermittently. Not always, but very often.
    Many years ago, I had an old second hand VHF radio mic which was affected by some new electronic tills that had been installed in the bar, which backed on to where my set up was. Switched to a lead Mic there and Robert is your father's brother.