Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BPM 2022.....

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now call me cynical, but surely it's easier for a wage slave to book a ( paid) day off, than a working mobile DJ to miss out on what puts food on his table? I ask that totally seriously.
    Yep I'd ask that too. This gripe applies for all people who dj for money. What would be so wrong about the event being on the sunday/Monday again? The first time the excuse was something about the venue already being booked for the Monday, but every time since then? Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Whaaaaat? You great Celtic This is hard to believe ( because for those who know Shaun, he's not exactly diminutive. Vertically challenged, yes, but not diminutive)I never saw you!

How dd we miss each other? It wasn’t exactly busy 😂. I was there from 10-3. If I had my way I’d have been in and out in an hour. Wee boss kept me walking around in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    That made me go "Ooooo" and do a bit of research on them. On their own, very nice.

Then I saw this video and suddenly felt a bit 'meh' about them. If they look like bit part players behind a couple of Chauvet Gigbars, they've got no chance of standing out in my setup.

I need to have a look and play with them. There is something about them that has piqued my interest.
    I agree, they don’t look so good on that clip. They looked great in the flesh though. I’m definitely tempted….but do I need them?👀😂

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    How dd we miss each other? It wasn’t exactly busy . I was there from 10-3. If I had my way I’d have been in and out in an hour. Wee boss kept me walking around in circles.
    Dunno. 12 till 4.30pm Spent a lot of time in the PA Demo room. In all honesty, wasted time.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Yep I'd ask that too. This gripe applies for all people who dj for money. What would be so wrong about the event being on the sunday/Monday again? The first time the excuse was something about the venue already being booked for the Monday, but every time since then? Bleh
    See I mentioned in the NADJ group that working folk will either have gigs or Wedding fayres etc and why not the Monday. The reply with the most likes was basically saying book the time off which is laughable really. I know the footfall at NEC was lower on Monday and they use to give free tickets to school kids etc but now it's a smaller venue goodness knows why it can't be on a Monday.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    but now it's a smaller venue goodness knows why it can't be on a Monday.
    I keep being told that the venue isn't available midweek, it's used for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    See I mentioned in the NADJ group that working folk will either have gigs or Wedding fayres etc and why not the Monday. The reply with the most likes was basically saying book the time off which is laughable really. I know the footfall at NEC was lower on Monday and they use to give free tickets to school kids etc but now it's a smaller venue goodness knows why it can't be on a Monday.
    I always wonder how the same 'full time' DJs go every single year. Surely they are already booked up - especially if you believe what certain ones preach.
    This year was the first year in the past 6 I wasn't working - yet couldn't go for other reasons lol
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I agree, they don’t look so good on that clip. They looked great in the flesh though. I’m definitely tempted….but do I need them?
    FOUR for what.. £1500 ? Hold my beer!

I was wondering about that...
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I was wondering about that...
    Oh no! ( Wanders off to find his sneak preview from times past )