Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with A NJD Datamoon

Default Problem with A NJD Datamoon

Hi guys,

First two gigs with all my new equipment went really well. If anyone is looking for a good set of active speakers i can recommend the DAS 112A-made in Spain and sound much nicer (in my opinion) than the mackie 450's or the RCF version. Anyway back to topic, one of my datamoons seems to have a fault or i'm just being really thick. The switch on the back which selects either maximum brightness or economy seems to be on or off. Selecting "maximum" the light functions as it should, selecting economy and it just switches off the lamp although the fan still runs. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Matt

Im not sure but i think on economy setting the power is taken from another wind on the transformer rather than using resistor staging. This could mean one of the windings is faulty. Also worth checking the switch though as well as for a loose wire inside. Remember to unplug first though as the components in these tend to be unshielded.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

And my non-technical answer is....

I had 2 Datamoons and noticed that if the lamp saver switch was in between the high and low setting then the lamp would be off - this sounds a very similar scenario to me?

Quote Originally Posted by 4one4 Sound Solutions View Post
    Hi guys,

sound much nicer (in my opinion) than the mackie 450's
    Is this possible????

CRAZY K
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 05-12-2006 at 04:13 PM.

DAS were one of the active makes i went to listen to when shopping around for my active speakers ..... sounded certainly on a par with the others but what put me off was no one of the 10 or so retailers i spoke to could vouch for the reliability of the DAS and said that mackie were tried and tested stood the test of time and had a good reputation for after sales care ..... hence my decision.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

I just find the Mackie's have really cutting high frequencies, i EQ'd them in the shop, rolling off a lot of the HF and they sounded much better. I had the opposite advice from the guy at the shop i went to, now Mackies are made in China the reliability of the range has slumped and the quality of the components is not nearly as good as when RCF used to build them. I Think if you have a older pair you'll be ok but i wasnt gonna risk it especially when i heard the DAS.

I hope the DAS prove to be reliable, they do seem very well built but only time will tell i guess.

I do think my Mackies are very cutting on the top now. But they were not that bad when they were new. Does the sound quality get worse as the speaker ages??

maybe the crossovers have gone, i had a pair of speakers cant remember the make,. One day they just seemed way to much high end for no reason, tried the eq with no success. Turns out the crossover had failed (which also had a unwanted frequency filter) so the tweeter was recieving full freqency and it was causing resonance. Sounded like celine dion when she's holding a high note all the time lol. All glass in vacinity was vibrating like the springs on honeymooners bed
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Is this possible????

CRAZY K
    Of course not

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET NEW CROSSOVERS FOR MY MACKIE SRM450s??