Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charity Functions

Default Charity Functions

Hi Guys,
    Am doing a Charity disco this sat for PEAT, the N Ireland charity to do with Autistic kids.

Not charging as its "charity mate" but am getting mentioned in their newsletter and on the flyers hopefully get some business from it on the night.

How many Charity do's is the norm for you?
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I've Done Quite A Few For Just For Kids And Our Local Commercial Radio Station Metro Radio In Newcastle Upon Tyne If You Do Good For Them The Dividends Are Pheunominal(i Think Thats How U Spell It) Do A Bad One And Your In For A Rough Ride
    Sean
    Electric Nite Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by SEAN HAVERY View Post
    Pheunominal(i Think Thats How U Spell It)
    Its Phenomenal mate lol back to the point tho i try and do as much as i can but we work on a first come first served system so sometimes cant help out but if you do any you will get great bookings back from them.

One a year.....think thats enough, doing breast cancer disco 27/01/07 and that will be it for me this year...
    www.djsunited3.co.uk

Its time to "ROCK" Steady.......!!!!
    Lifelong member of the L.A.S. ( Lightscreen Apreiciation Society....!!!!! )

I should be doing my usual one dayer for NABD at the Ace Cafe in March. That's it for the freebies though, everyone else pays (Unless it's a gig I particularly want to do)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

One freebie a year, offered to the island rotary club who work on behalf of a number of charities.

Have been known to take a couple more per year "for expenses only" (ie £50 and a couple of pints!) if there's a good chance of further private work or a mention in the local rag. Always mid-week though!

I will occassionally drop the rates for some charity's, but haven't done any freebees in a while. There isnt anything big enough around here in that field to make it worth it (ie bussiness oportunities), forgive me for being blunt with what seems to be anti-charity my mind in general doesn't work like that! We don't tend to be asked for them for free anyway, which I guess makes it better, couldn't afford to spend a night when I could be making money, not making money if I'm totally honest.
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Guy's, a tip from my accountant. Charge FULL price for charity events, then give them a cheque back - it's tax deductable.

I.E. You charge £300, then after expences you make a presentation back for £250. And make sure the press is there.... £50 for petrol and a drink and thousands of pounds worth of advertising.
    http://www.mikemooreentertainments.co.uk
    ...playing all the hits for you...
    ....wherever you may be .......

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    Guy's, a tip from my accountant. Charge FULL price for charity events, then give them a cheque back - it's tax deductable.

I.E. You charge £300, then after expences you make a presentation back for £250. And make sure the press is there.... £50 for petrol and a drink and thousands of pounds worth of advertising.

Good idea mate but what if they go for the dj says he will do it for free for for £50 lol

Quote Originally Posted by ross@rds View Post
    Good idea mate but what if they go for the dj says he will do it for free for for £50 lol
    Am I just tired, or does that not make sense to anyone else?