Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Can we come & see you performing?" Advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_N.I. View Post
    take note of no. 5.
    This is my local comptitor/disco
    http://aidenyoung.web-spaced.net/ind...d=18&Itemid=27
    I wonder if they really ARE "Northern Ireland's ONLY professional DJ & disco agency"

Probably not.

I HATE websites which are full of

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_N.I. View Post
    Over here in NI a few disco suppliers have convinced people not to accept videos as proof of work as "they can be edited to be better than they are."

If I was an old cynic, I might think that companies which tell you NOT to accept videos as proof of work are the companies which DON'T offer this service themselves...and who don't want to lose work to companies who DO!
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 05-04-2007 at 03:06 PM.

You can put the same negative spin on any form of promotional stuff - videos, customer comments, pictures - only show the best ones; hotel recommendations might be because the hotel is receiving a referral fee, etc etc etc

BUT, if you put together a POSITIVE all-round package (ie don't go for negative statements of why you shouldn't book someone else), most people will work things out for themselves!

absolutely Angela sell what you do not what someone else doesnt . I've got to the stage now where I really dont care what those around me have or offer .... I do what I do and have what I have ... and charge what I charge I've said it a million times if this stops working I'll give up.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Why not just say, yes you can watch me perform, "BOOK ME"....!!!
    Works for me!.
    Mike
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Well Ill go against the flow here although as you know I dont do Discos every week and possibly clients view things slightly differently and my dress code is always the same---Silly Hat and check shirt---he he!

I have a few clients who are considering booking me for Barn Dance /Disco Weddings and want to see me " live" before booking because it aint cheap!

My approach is not to get them along to other Weddings which I agree can be obtrusive but try other things maybe like a 40th Birthday where in my experience often the Party person says-yeah no problem well be having a good time anyway--- I did this last year at several events and there was absolutely no problem and I got 3 Wedding gigs on the strength of that for this year.

I did ask some people to see me at a Wedding once as I knew the Bride--- and after the first Dance they said--yup were booking you for ours---cheerio!

I do make it very clear that the people "looking" will simply come up to the DJ unit and talk to me and look--they will be less obtrusive than a couple of roadies.

Clearly you have to be selective, careful and professional.

There is the downside--for no good reason the booking bombs out and you look very naff.

The alternative is to ask satisfied clients to give you a recommendation--again that doesnt always work as some cant be bothered--and some can.

Just my experience---no one has been offended at any time by any of this--
    well actually no--one client who was happy to let other people see how great his party was ( now theres a physcological approach to this) said to me --where are those people who were coming to see you--they are missing a great night--

So some people actually LIKE it because its telling the people out there what a great popular person they are ( large ego maybe)

Anyway tread carefully.

Are you loving this Rice?

CRAZY K

Just an update--a couple came to "view" my show last night at a Golf Club and were happy with what they saw so they booked me for their Wedding.

As I said before this can work well if you have the right venue to ask them along to--as it happens there was so much noise and dancing going on no body actually noticed them arrive even though I had mentioned it to the organisers.

I appreciate inviting people to a Wedding is not so easy--but then again I have invited some to people to "view" my show at a Wedding im doing shortly--which may sound a bit cheeky but the people who are getting married viewed me at someone elses function--- so they are not bothered.

Are you still loving this Rice

CRAZY K