Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bit upset over a complaint

The old addage "you cant please all the people all the time" comes into it big style.
    As she came up 5 mins before the end, would have just told her there wasn't time . If we played all the can we have some x , can we have some Y and can we have some z then we might aswell just take a juke box with us.

We do this because we're good at it , if everyone could do it then the world would be flooded with Dj's. They can't so we do!

Wouldn't worry, wait til this weekends gig and it'll all be forgotten about and defo no refund!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    on saturday night i done a disco passed to me by a mate that gets me work from time to time it was a disco and karaoke.
    i loaded up with 4 irock5s hid and 1 irock5b hid lights and 1 laser and my sound system ect.
    i could only start to set up at 6.30 so i arrived and got everything in the building and got the sound up and running.
    i was abit late in putting the finishing touches to my lighting
    i put on a mixture of 80 misic while i finished of setting up the lights.
    the room was quite a size and had a high celing so acoustics were all over the place the karaoke started and a cupl of people got up and sang.
    then the person whos party it was said could i a play more disco insted of karaoke and play some modern so i put on songs like sissor sisters,mika, justin timberlake girls allowed ect then because there was not many on the floor she asked for older stuff so i obliged kelly marie,barry white,soft cell a mixed bag and then some more people wanted to sing and the persons son who booked the disco wanted to mc so i let him one song.then 5 to 11 one of the punters came up and asked for a song bare in ming it was an 11 oclock finish.
    she asked me for 2 songs i didnt have then said what kind of dj are you djs should have every record and then she was gonna inform the person they booked the disco with sure enough got the call today from my mate they wernt happy and want me to rerfund them.
    i have been djing for about 17 years and i wouldnt do a bad do on perpus as i have a reputation to up hold
    I dont do Discos all the time so im not an expert--but I do ask for a playlist beforehand--if a particular track is SOOOOOOOO important then they had better request it before the event.

Simple as that.

I suppose it might be a good idea to make it clear on paperwork that you cant GUARANTEE to have all music requested on the night.

Luckily most of my functions revolve around the B and G or the Party person so as they are paying me they get to hear the music THEY want--im afraid everyone else comes second in order of importance.

Those who complain have usually got an agenda -as highlighted by Spin.

CRAZY K

Irregardless if you have the tracks, the punter came up in the last five minutes for these requests.

They sound like chancers, don't give in to them!

(_8())
    Last edited by magicfm; 02-05-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: my fingers are all over the place...D'oh!

120 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    120 pounds
    Thats the figure Dragonfly was expecting

Eh Dave???????????????????

CRAZY K

£120 now thats cheap

Quote Originally Posted by groovy-nights View Post
    £120 now thats cheap
    Whats your theory Dave ( Dragonfly)

CRAZY K

I'm sure someone will disagree and its just something that I personally have found that since I upped my fees to no where near £100-£140 I have more or less irradicated morons from my clientelle .....yes some are very picky as well then can be if they are paying a price for a good service but not since a £120 21st in Nottingham in Jan last year have I had any serious greif..... its totally wrong and I hold my hands up but I do make a connection between the amount of money people are willing to pay me and the sort of people they are more likely to be ...... yes you come unstuck when 7 chavs book you and all chip in but for me luckily thats a rarety.

some will argue that they cant get x amount round them wich may or may not be true but again as Ive said a million times on forums yes I maybe in a minority but I'd rather stay home and watch Eragon with the kids than go out and spend 4 hours figuring out how im going to get home intact.

This particular complaint isnt about aggression towards you but in the same bracket as the dole disco gang (2 giros and a packet of salt n vinegar crisps) is the we'll book them and just complain about everything and try and get our money back hence a free disco gang.

the way I work now is charge more and get less Terry F.Ws it has worked so far and no the work has not dried up infact this year I have got more word of mouth than ever. im dreading first week in July 5 gigs (one on third floor one with sound limiter).
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 03-05-2007 at 10:14 AM.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Dragonfly i have to agree.I have prices on my website but i am changing it.But i have not charged anywere near the prices on the site.
    My basic disco 2 effect lights and 300 watt sound system til 11pm £150

I'm with Dragonfly on this one, certainly wouldn't leave home for £120.

A certain kind of punter is attracted with discos of that price.

no offence ment Flatliners.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs