Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First site design... What do you think

Quote Originally Posted by bank View Post
    do you think if I use the css overflow function and include the content whilst having the decoration on the bottom right above the layer, I could then place more content in? Seems a fairly good idea to me.
    Do you mean have some scrolling content in the middle, "iframe" style (but with overflow:auto on a fixed height)? This would leave a very small fixed area (basically what's taken up by your first paragraph in the examples). If it weren't for the chevron design down the sides, you could keep your bottom right but and just have the page expand downwards as required. You could even get around that if you weren't fussy about the chevrons continuing around the bottom corners. Then, stick some static info to the left of the big bottom graphic to fill up the space....

Just thinking aloud...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Do you mean have some scrolling content in the middle, "iframe" style (but with overflow:auto on a fixed height)? This would leave a very small fixed area (basically what's taken up by your first paragraph in the examples). If it weren't for the chevron design down the sides, you could keep your bottom right but and just have the page expand downwards as required. You could even get around that if you weren't fussy about the chevrons continuing around the bottom corners. Then, stick some static info to the left of the big bottom graphic to fill up the space....

Just thinking aloud...
    Hmm, thanks for that, it would seem like an iframe although be static, so it works better with seo, etc. I was thinking I could place it where the first paragraph is and then continue behind the image on the bottom right.

Can't get rid of the chevrons, unless I made a general background so the main content could be extended whilst taking advantage of using opacy in .gif's?

Otherwise thanks for the ideas and shall just reduce content.

Thanks