Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Contractual Obligations

I agree that it may make things easier but I have ALWAYS done things on my own and that's the way I will keep doing things. I don't have to worry about anything or anyone else letting me down last minute and I don't have to rely on the help.

It's not hard setting up a disco in quick time, well not for me anyway so I am happy to continue as I am although I DO understand why some like the idea.

...and as you say, there's always the Abba megamix or Blue Monday, I am the ressurection, Tainted Love 12" if I need a 'tinkle' or worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Whitehouse View Post
    There's always the Abba megamix
    ...or Blue Monday!

EDIT: Wow, Shakermaker...I typed that before I saw YOU'D typed it. I must be psychic!

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    ...or Blue Monday!

EDIT: Wow, Shakermaker...I typed that before I saw YOU'D typed it. I must be psychic!
    Or indeed track 2 on mastermix 100 if the mood takes you.

I do apreciate that everyone does things there way, life would be rather dull if we didn't. But equally this forum has always been about sharing the things that make things easier, better or more successful for each of us.

As I am sure you will all be told next week after my emergency help has done Saturday with me, I am generally not the most organised and I am an absolute perfectionist when it comes to rigging (which is why my little wires trauma made me so mad last week - just about to pop into town for some extra velcro for this weekend), so the extra help really does make a difference. Most of my gigs these days are in those posh and very old venues that were built before car access, so takes ages to lug the gear there. And I have already pointed out what a huge selling point it is in my current target audience. Well worth the money I pay him!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps View Post
    Not in trouble, I would have managed, but maybe I am a little too used to it now. But hell, why shouldn't I be? Seems no reason to struggle and make do if you don't have to does there?

It's also worth pointing out that having a roadie (or indeed a "helper") is a huge huge selling point for me, particularly weddings. One of the concerns I often get is "what happens if you need to go to the toilet" or "what if something happens". Having someone else with you who can easily pop another track on or take requests or do the running for you when required, it put a lot of clients at ease. Nice for them to know that there will always be someone there to look after them and their guests
    I agree with you Ricey I have done loads of gigs on my own over the years but it is easier, more enjoyable and safer to have an assistant; however, in another thread on background music you said that you leave the disco and wander off whilst Rob 1963 said he (like me) doesnt like leaving his gear unattended. Your selling points to the customer would rather indicate that you too leave a roady there. Is this the case? I have often found that when I have wandered off they suddenly want to say grace or make an announcement or turn it up/turn it down/change the music/turn the lights on or off etc.; so if I am on my own I seldom wander far from the set up (like Rob I tend to sit down behind the equipment rather than look like a dummy) otherwise If I'm not there then Jan is.
    PS I sleep with my roady.