Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re-furbished website

If you wish to discuss 3 year plans etc please do so via PM. Hasn't Steve's message filtered through yet?

Thanks Shaun.

So any more comments on Stephen's web site before we scare him off?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Wow, i didnt realize that my posting would bring out......how shall i put this..........such 'passion' in people lol.

Thanks for the advice, only had time for a quick scan at the moment but i will definatley be having a look at using that logo this weekend, I imagine it will look much better due to it's background colour

I have decided to keep my equipment page until i have some photographs to put into the gallery or else the site will look a bit sparse me thinks.

I will have a look at the other comments later.....drink time now lol

cheers

Thanks for that marc, in responce......

The menu is beyond my control as it's a template provided by my hosting company and i cant see it expanding on my computer.

The re 'x's are an absolute pain as we cant see them on the computers here, i have managed to route a few out using the delete key but there are obviously still a few rogues.

The hard edge of the logo is not the best i know but i got it for free (always the best price) from cooltext and i cant find a soft edge option .

The music library is, as it states on the page, for clients to download, or, if your idilly looking at what general kind of music i have to see if I have what you want (hopefully, you get the meaning of my bad english there lol)

I am aware the pat link doesnt work, i have yet to scan the certificate in

My pli has a blank second page and I have no pdf editor to get rid of it (anybody know a solution to this)

I shall be looking at using the other graphic this weekend

Thanks for the points Marc, i will try and sort them out this weekend

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    To get back on topic: -

Generally a good site, looks a bit "bits and pieces" rather than following one design though. For example the header doesn't seem to match the navigation on the left (although it's close enough to get away with), and the "XLR Entertainments" banner above the page content has a hard edge against the white background. A few points: -

1. The menu seems to expand even though there are no sub-items.
    2. There are a few missing graphics (Red 'X's), mostly after the logo but one firther down on the Home page too.
    3. Music Library - bit of a strange download, what am I meant to do with it?
    4. Contact Page - as has already been said use a readable email address, and a contatc form would be good.
    5. Your PAT "can be viewed here" link isn't a link.
    6. Your PLI pdf has a blank 2nd page.
    7. I'd use Shaun(EliteDJ)'s graphic in place of your current top-right.
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 15-06-2007 at 05:22 PM.
    <a href=http://www.xlr-entertainments.co.uk target=_blank>XLR Entertainments</a>

XLR Entertainments Quality Mobile Discos and Karaoke for the North East

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeyEyes View Post
    The music library is, as it states on the page, for clients to download, or, if your idilly looking at what general kind of music i have to see if I have what you want (hopefully, you get the meaning of my bad english there lol)
    I'm aware of that, it just seems to come as a format that most won't know what to do with. It seems to start off as a .ODS file which is an Open Office format. Not many people have Open Office and although it's free probably won't download & install it just to view your CD list. It does download as a ZIP file which when extracted has .XML files and a bunch of folders (most empty) but to the average "punter" this would just be complicated.

The menu is beyond my control as it's a template provided by my hosting company and i cant see it expanding on my computer.
    Look at the screenshot attached. By "expand" I mean when you are on a page, the page you are on gets a blank line under it in the menu (in the attached example I was on the "home" page) as if there are meant to be sub-items there. Is there no way to switch this off in your template?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeyEyes View Post
    Hi there, wondering if anybody would take a look at my re-furbished website and tell me honestly what they think? (I have thick skin )

http://www.xlr-entertainments.co.uk

Cheers
    Like the design. I use smart scans to!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold_disco View Post
    Like the design. I use smart scans to!
    aye, they are good for the money arent they.

I think they could follow the music slightly better but what ya expect for such a low price. Have you had trouble with the bulbs in yours like i have. My bulb became loose in it's mounting plate and was cutting out. Rather than send it back and have it non operational, i came up with a fix I rotated the mounting plate around so that it forced the bulb into position.

Also, mine never seems to actually count the unit use hours or the bulb use hours, not that i use that feature.

Plan to get it a friend for the other side of the rig soon
    <a href=http://www.xlr-entertainments.co.uk target=_blank>XLR Entertainments</a>

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Tony,

I'm curious...do you REALLY think that an equipment page reassures clients that you're going to turn up & put on a good show?

I'm sorry, but I can't see the connection.

Ok maybe in isolation that comment does seems a bit bizare!

My point is that if a client sees a nice big list of kit and some pics/vids of it in action it can help to reasure them you will put on a good looking show for them, you have the kit to do the job!

I feel it does no harm to have it there. My Equipment page discribes my Lighting & Sound equipment in an easy to understand and clear manner and lists what I have.

I get lots of positive feedback about my site.........must be doing something right!

Received email this week:

"Hi Tony,
    Thanks so much for your quick reply. We've left it so long because we've been kind of hoping for a recommendation from friends or family as it can be quite dodgy booking something like this without having first hand experience. However, your website, with it's simple style, clear language and impressive stats (re: equipment etc... not to mention the video clips what a great idea!) made us feel really comfortable with just booking you on the spot. It's a real shame we didn't stumble across your site sooner, is there anyone you can personally recommend? (Unfortunately the thought of a DJ conjures up thoughts of all lycra / medallion / smoke and sleezy looks for my partner and yours was the only site that impressed her!)

Thanks for your time etc... and for your comment about our add!
    best wishes
    Amanda"

I put her onto the MDD, hope someone was able to help her, 7th July 07!!

Amanda & Tracey, Cival Partnership, Poundbury, Dorchester.
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

Question re-launched - again

Okay, I have taken on-board all the advice given to me in this thread, thanks very much, and have re-launched the site - again. Can you please take a peek at it and tell me what you think now.

With the gallery, i have my first gig tomorrow so I will get plenty of pictures and video from that and put it up there for ya all to see (saturday)

regards

Shocked!!! No equipment page!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it's very professional looking, love the Our Commitment...... page.
    Spot on!
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

Still some missing images here and there.

There's something wrong with the text at the bottom of your quotation page, the copyright notice overlaps with the footer navigation.