Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italian sing-alongs

Default Italian sing-alongs

OK so I've got a wedding coming up in a few weeks where the bride's family are all Italian, hardly speak any English between them.

Groom's family are Irish and have asked for some songs they can all sing to - no problems there - but what about the Bride's family?

Stumped! - any suggestions?

What songs featured in the Godfather??

That's Amores: Dean Martin - Is that Italian??

I also had a peek at the Italian Chart and it isn't much different from the UK and Ireland charts.

Link below:

Italian Chart

(_8())

Ta - wondered if 'Thats Amore' might just be a bit condescending?

Folks we're talking about are aunts, uncles, grannies etc. so 40-70 age group.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    OK so I've got a wedding coming up in a few weeks where the bride's family are all Italian, hardly speak any English between them.

Groom's family are Irish and have asked for some songs they can all sing to - no problems there - but what about the Bride's family?

Stumped! - any suggestions?

It would be traditional for Irish people to sing at a Wedding---and dance

However is it necessarily the case for Italians?

I would investigate carefully with the Bride and if necessary ask for guidance and even a play list of "Italian Wedding Singalong favourites!

Theres no point trying to second guess this kind of thing--unless theres a CD entitled--25 singalong tracks guaranteed to make a success of an Italian Wedding.

Lets face it there isnt one for the UK either!

Talk to the customer --and of course there may be customs to be followed at Italian Weddings that might be appreciated during the evening---which would impress everyone hopefully.

I did a 60th Birthday Barn Dance for some nice Scottish people who inivited a load of Italian relatives---it was going pretty well until some silly person tried to insist on a fairly complicated Scottish Country Dance

You just have to use your judgement if things start going pear shaped

CRAZY K

Wise words from Crazy K....

But if you like throwing caution to the wind try 'this'
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I know an Italian guy, but he has spent most of his life in Venezuela, so I'm not sure if he'll be too clued up about these things. I can ask him if you're stuck.

Cool link - thanks!

Fully intend to discuss in detail with B+G at our planning meeting, but wanted to go in there with some semblance of knowledge about Italian wedding music & customs rather than look like a complete novice

Volare!

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Fully intend to discuss in detail with B+G at our planning meeting, but wanted to go in there with some semblance of knowledge about Italian wedding music & customs rather than look like a complete novice

Volare!

You may want to look at 'this' as well then.

Keep you really ahead of the game...and look a sharp cookie....good luck..

Just another thought but isn't Marc J Italian...he maybe able to help...I know he is into web and things but he maybe able to put a few pionters your way...just a thought...hope you don't mind Marc.
    Last edited by Penfold42; 16-06-2007 at 10:10 PM.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Just another thought but isn't Marc J Italian...he maybe able to help...I know he is into web and things but he maybe able to put a few pionters your way...just a thought...hope you don't mind Marc.
    Don't mind at all! Unfortunately I'm Italan in name only (about 1/8th I think), the last 100% Italian in my family way my great grandfather...just so happens it's been all boys so the name has survived

I got married in Fiji and had 3 Fijiians sing "Fools Rush In" for my wedding....so I'm guessing not your typical Italian wedding
    Last edited by Marc J; 16-06-2007 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    4 Fijiians sing "Fools Rush In" for my wedding....so I'm guessing not your typical Italian wedding
    Could be a new craze...i'll hum it you sing it...can you remember the words...

Your now going to tell me it was in English.....