Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: reducing image file sizes for web - Help

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Download image resizer - it takes all the hard work and working out which size to upload. Give it a try.
    Thanks Daren, will give it a try. I will have several image resizing programmes on my computer after this, but I have found, that I can still get the smaller sizes and quality if I do it by hand using photoshop, probably because I know how to use this programme, and ya it takes for ages.
    Kaira Solutions - DK Karaoke & Disco

Covering Leeds, Yorkshire wide, Central, North Eash, and North West and Southern England
    No hearing aids required, but sunglasses may come in useful.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Karaoke View Post
    So, if the sizes I can see with firefox are for the links only, why are they so large, as they are just the standard links, but showing in an inline frame. Am now more confused.
    Hmm...I thought you had perhaps created shortcuts and it were these shortcuts in a folder on your computer that were 1k. Right clicking on the image in Firefox and selecting "properties" should report the correct file size.

Unless your image is actually a table cell background, with a spacer image overlayed on top of it. This is a common trick for layout reasons or in a (rather lame) attempt at stopping people stealing images. If that's the case, then right clicking and selecting "properties" will give you the details of the spacer.gif image (probably 1k) not the underlying background image.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    I use firefox (Version 2.0.0.4.), and they all showed as the correct size here.
    Same as me then, will check it out further.

Covering Leeds, Yorkshire wide, Central, North Eash, and North West and Southern England

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Hmm...I thought you had perhaps created shortcuts and it were these shortcuts in a folder on your computer that were 1k. Right clicking on the image in Firefox and selecting "properties" should report the correct file size.

Unless your image is actually a table cell background, with a spacer image overlayed on top of it. This is a common trick for layout reasons or in a (rather lame) attempt at stopping people stealing images. If that's the case, then right clicking and selecting "properties" will give you the details of the spacer.gif image (probably 1k) not the underlying background image.
    The images are within a table cell, within an inline frame, within an inline frame. This is not an echo by the way. The main inline frame is on the front page, with another frame holding the gallery containing three holding webpages, and each holding separate webpages with pictures.

I use a table to hold the whole site within the center region of the display area, it seem to work. Have made it so the display area fits exactly within an 800 by 600 display monitor, and adjusts when viewed through a bigger monitor with alrger resolution. So far it works.