Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time for me to take some punishment...

Tidy and well presented site but --- too much text and too small... think "I am an older person booking for my daughter / grand-daughter...Oo now where did I put my glasses?..."

Think on your website as a shop - when your prospective customers walk through the door, can they find what they are looking for quickly and easily - or do they have to walk around the whole shop 3 times to find it?

Oh yeah and also - no <META> tags present on any page.

...and you spend £40 a WEEK on new music? Haven't you heard of downloading...? If I downloaded the Radio 1 playlist (A, B and C!) each week it wouldn't cost me £40...

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Marc J is a web design expert & someone I have great faith in, and he said he likes it, so if I was you I'd take more note of his opinion than mine!

That's a very humble thing to say Rob, but sometimes designers get 'drawn in', and it takes a neutral observer to give a first impression of the site.

The thing is, there have been many comments here about there being too much text, so it's highly likely that your average customer will think the same.

To be honest, the site looks good, and that's the only thing I can fault!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RnGary View Post
    My only suggestion - which is really to get the hits from the google searches is to put more linked words that relate 'Bath', 'Avon' and 'Disco' and 'Wedding Disco' and similar so that you get the hits from people searching for 'discos in bath' and similar. I googled these and did not find you on the first three pages which is as far most people will look.
    Apparently Google are unlikely to even put a newly started site in the top few pages, if at all. I'll be starting an AdWords campaign shortly to get right into the Bath/Somerset Disco/DJ searches. I'll also be putting ads into a few of the directories that are on the first page of google results for the various (45!) searches that I tried using different permutations of four key-words and two key-phrases.

Oh, yeah, and meta-tags and such will come later once we've tested some permutations out - and once the actual web-guy I hired, rather than the designer, is back from holiday...
    Last edited by PropellerHeadCase; 13-07-2007 at 10:45 PM.
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Apparently Google are unlikely to even put a newly started site in the top few pages, if at all. I'll be starting an AdWords campaign shortly to get right into the Bath/Somerset Disco/DJ searches. I'll also be putting ads into a few of the directories that are on the first page of google results for the various (45!) searches that I tried using different permutations of four key-words and two key-phrases.

Oh, yeah, and meta-tags and such will come later once we've tested some permutations out - and once the actual web-guy I hired, rather than the designer, is back from holiday...[/QUOTE]

Really love the look of the site but have to agree that for me at least there is just too much text and info, I found it hard going and I've got an interest in the subject.

I purposely didn't read any other reviews before looking at the site coz I didn't want to be swayed, these are my genuine thoughts on the site.

Very professional look, love it!
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663