Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Help-Extra Muscle/Skill-where do you get it?

Default Help-Extra Muscle/Skill-where do you get it?

Looking for someone to come on board with me and help with the lugging of gear but more importantly run my dmx lights.Just wondering if msot of you guys are one man operations and,if not,where did you get your sidekicks?

Cheers

Most of my assistants have been family members (nephews and nieces). The guy I have with me at the moment I found through a friend of a friend. I just put the word out that I was looking for someone...it didn't take too long.

None of the people helping me want to use the mic though, which isn't ideal as I'm looking for someone to train up to eventuality go out doing events for me. I'm thinking of putting an advert in the local papers to find someone suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    I'm thinking of putting an advert in the local papers to find someone suitable.
    Let me know if you want anything doing on your site Shaun, we could always stick up an application form with a file upload facility to attach say, a CV or sample MP3.

Default Partners in crime

I set up ATR The X-Faders with my best mate, as we are still in collage together we had an ideal set up for a partnership in DJ'ing.
    I think the best route is to go for family and friends, they are usually willing to help you out and like making a quick £.
    If you are just looking for someone to run DMX controllers its not too difficult to pick up so you would just need to show them the basics and see how they do?
    I think its much easier with two people, purely for different genre knowledge and technical ability in certain aspects of setting up. Makes a HUGE difference to set up time.
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

There are always guys looking to 'get started' in DJing - you can get free / cheap help in return for showing them what you know...

I have myself, Andy & now Katie. Andy came on board with me in December last year and has done really well, he is far from the finished article but goes out on his own now which is a great help. It means that I can have two gigs a night out (I have another mate Kenny who can drive for me and is always available whenever i need him). Currently I am training up Katie (Wife's cousin) who is really enthusiastic, i hope that come Jan next year i can take more of a backseat and let these two go out and DJ for me. They are both aged 19, and are really up for it. My only problem is trying to find enough gigs to take them out - I want andy out doing more on his own and need katie out getting practise, I do sometimes get asked to cover a pub called the stags which has its own gear and needs DJ only, now its far from ideal money (£45 for 3 hours 10 till 1 Fri & Sat) but it has allowed me to put Andy in there a few times and let him get used to being on his own and mic talking, sometimes i have gone with him, other times left him to get on with it himself, now i hope that it will allow me to put katie in there and train her up. I have also on the horizon been offered the chance to perhaps take on a £260 a night residency for sat nights (again 3 hrs) which until i speak to the person responsible i cannnot take for certain yet) but this would be predominetly karaoke, I myself cant see them wanting to pay £260 a night for 3 hrs karaoke but i will wait and see.

Anyway back on topic, best to ask around, get them young 18 upwards, try to see if they are a showman etc but also andy and katie are usually very quiet - till they get near a mic lol so dont forget the quiet ones.....
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow