Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Increasing Buisness

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Don't treat it as working....look on at as learning and networking....you are never to old to learn new tricks......

supose so. plus im only 19. not old at all.

Well there you go.

Seriously, it is worth your while to find a local DJ to tag along with.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Enemy View Post
    supose so. plus im only 19. not old at all.
    That's it......start with a good attitude.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

its a shame that you all live to far away from me because i would ask if i could come along and help out. never mind a.

its a shame that you all live to far away from me because i would ask if i could come along and help out. never mind a.
    I'm going to be really thick here (nothing different then )....where's Medway.....I feel I should know but don't....!!
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

medway is in kent. erm, well from my house to london its about 30 miles. dont know if that helps. south east england

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/content/im...70_470x470.gif

i live just up the road from rochester (on the map)

I could prob give you some work sometimes. What kit do you use??

this is what i am currently using

1x laptop
    1x external hard drive
    1x behringer bcd 3000
    1x behringer 6200 EQ
    2x Studiospares fortissimo 15 (400 watts rms each)
    2x prosound smart ssc-2
    2x geni mojo spin master 3
    1x dj frame
    2x speaker stands
    1x mic
    1x mixer

but hope at the end of the month i will be buying these

1x DB Sub 15
    1x Behringer Xenyx 1202fx (my other mixer is to big)
    1x Citronic MP216UHF Wireless Microphone
    2x prosound smart ssc-2
    1x Gemini CD200 Twin CD player (as a backup incase latop or hard drive fail)

as well as better and more cables and conections for lights, new rack box and rack mount power suply ect.

this will hopefully be my new rig. when i get it all i will take pictures and post them as i would very proud of what i have, what ever anyone says

As im thick and i dont understand this let me ask what i think it is.

Lets say "joe bloggs" asks for a dj through an agency and i get the gig. i do the disco and thats the end of that. now lets say "joe bloggs" asks for me but not through the agency but on the phone from him to me. i have to say no because i have worked with him through the agency???

is this correct of have i got the wrong end of the stick. but if it is right why cant i do this then??? just out of intrest. plus cant you send a pm of the agency or would you still get in trouble???
    You are absolutely correct in your first part. If Joe Blogs calls you and say "you did me party last week" and you know that it was an agency booking, all you can do is say "call the agency". You shouldalso be able to sya "call the agency and tell then you want me", but the work would HAVE to go through the agency.

Why? Because generally most agency have a contact that you sing to say you'll work for them and that contract will generally state that you can't take work that related directly to work you took through the agent. You will also be expected (by contract) to not put out any of your cards or flier at the gigs, or put up any names banner or advertisment duretly relating to you. Why? because the agency have done all the hard work getting the gig, you just saud "yes I'll do it"!

Don't get me wrong, agency are great at times and will help you get going. There's nothing to stop someone who was at a party you did through an agent liking you and tracking you down quite seperately now is there. That's happened to me!