Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Great car insurance deal

Default Great car insurance deal

OK so it's time to do the annual slog of renewing the main household car insurance - not strictly disco related but as it's a good deal thought I'd share - mods feel free to bin or move to 'lounge' or whatever if appropriate.

Renewal from current insurer came in at £280 comp with £400 accidental damage excess.

Trawling round the web I could only shave a couple of quid off, so almost resigned myself to staying with incumbent, then came across an offer with quidco and Prudential.

Buy a policy with Pru via Quidco and you get £130 cashback. AND Pru are giving a year's free green flag breakdown cover (with homestart) with new policies (best quote I got elsewhere for this was £54 and it just so happens I need to get some as the car's about to run out of warranty)

... SO... Go through the motions with Pru to get a quote - £293 with same excesses, standard of cover, options etc.

... SO... That's £293 minus the £130 through Quidco minus the £54 saving on breakdown cover = (effectively) £114 for the insurance.

Well happy

Thought I'd share in case anyone else is about to do the trawl.
    Last edited by Vectis; 13-09-2007 at 03:21 AM.

I was with the PRU last year, I too had the greenflag cover - never needed it though. I switched over to Admiral Multi Car with the rest of my family. Saved me over £1k! Admiral automatically made me a member of the AA, with breakdown cover for me, not my car
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Make sure it has business use as well though, and tell them you are a DJ

Then watch the premium rise.

I have a 07 Citreon Dispatch van, Fully Comp, upto 20,000 miles per year, and it costs me nearly £500pa., I also have a 2001 Renault Laguna Estate, 12,000 mile p.a, fully comp for £400p.a.

I am *slightly* over 25 too.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    OK so it's time to do the annual slog of renewing the main household car insurance - not strictly disco related but as it's a good deal thought I'd share - mods feel free to bin or move to 'lounge' or whatever if appropriate.

Renewal from current insurer came in at £280 comp with £400 accidental damage excess.

Trawling round the web I could only shave a couple of quid off, so almost resigned myself to staying with incumbent, then came across an offer with quidco and Prudential.

Buy a policy with Pru via Quidco and you get £130 cashback. AND Pru are giving a year's free green flag breakdown cover (with homestart) with new policies (best quote I got elsewhere for this was £54 and it just so happens I need to get some as the car's about to run out of warranty)

... SO... Go through the motions with Pru to get a quote - £293 with same excesses, standard of cover, options etc.

... SO... That's £293 minus the £130 through Quidco minus the £54 saving on breakdown cover = (effectively) £114 for the insurance.

Well happy

Thought I'd share in case anyone else is about to do the trawl.
    thats a really good deal there. i wont say how much my car insurance is.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Big Event View Post
    Make sure it has business use as well though, and tell them you are a DJ
    Of course I do, for the van I use for disco work.

This deal was on my car.

Mines biz insurance too.
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.