Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Terms & Conditions...

Question Terms & Conditions...

Interested to know who has them on their site and who creates them on a case-for-case basis, maybe using a legal precedent-style system whereby you cut out the clauses that are irrelevant to the gig in question.

Just curious really as I'm re-writing mine pretty much from scratch.
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post
    Interested to know who has them on their site and who creates them on a case-for-case basis, maybe using a legal precedent-style system whereby you cut out the clauses that are irrelevant to the gig in question.

Hi Al,

Mine are on the website so potential clients can read them & make sure they are happy with them before making an enquiry, and I also send out a copy with every booking form. http://www.robjamesentertainment.co.uk/terms.htm

For me, simplicity is the key, so there is no way I'd want to be messing about with different t & c for each client depending on the gig...that would be way too complicated.

My terms & conditions are also as customer friendly as possible (unlike many I've seen). By this, I mean there are only 12 of them, and they are written in language which is plain & easy to understand.

Some of the ones I've seen on other websites are a nightmare. Firstly, there are loads of them, secondly they are very "wordy" and thirdly they have loads of sub-clauses. Way too complicated for the average person to easily read & understand, unlike mine.

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post

Being the simple person that I am there are two clauses in my Contracts--

1. If cancelled due to ANY REASON full fee payable under 30 days.

I highlight ANY REASON in areas that may get flooded--like Tewkesbury
    yes ive got one there next August

and also in my covering letter on Weddings recommend they take out Wedding Insurance so they can pay me easily if its called off by claiming on their Insurance.

2. I am not responsible for loss or damage arising from providing my service.

Not strictly enforceable but I leave it in anyway.

I spoke to Birmingham City Council about a gig in their Town Hall and they said I would have to sign a paper saying they were not responsible for my equipment----rubbish of course but if they can do it--we can do it

Ive not had any problems although my type of bookings dont generally get me into any situations where I need to pull the plug or stop playing because of being hassled.

HTH

CRAZY K

I have them on a 'silent' page on my site. If a customer asks to see them upfront (rare!) then I mail them the URL.

I make minor tweaks on a per-gig basis but usually only the day counts and booking fee amount, plus at the bottom where it has the price in big bold letters, I always add "Subject to no changes being made to the details provided" having been caught out twice - once with a venue change to a less desirable place, once where I had to do an early setup when that wasn't previously agreed.

nigelwright7557

Its difficult to know what to do with t&c's.

If you have too many it puts people off and they go elsewhere.

Too few and people start to mess you around.

I got conned out of a free disco once because no one could agree who was gonna pay for it at the end of the night !

I am obviuosly more careful now and get name, address and telephone number. I always ring them back to finish off the booking to ensure the number is theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    I got conned out of a free disco once because no one could agree who was gonna pay for it at the end of the night !.
    Care to explain that one? I'm intrigued
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I am obviuosly more careful now and get name, address and telephone number.
    I would have thought that was common sense? Why wouldn't you have got those details?

Its difficult to know what to do with t&c's.

If you have too many it puts people off and they go elsewhere.

Too few and people start to mess you around.

I got conned out of a free disco once because no one could agree who was gonna pay for it at the end of the night !

I am obviuosly more careful now and get name, address and telephone number. I always ring them back to finish off the booking to ensure the number is theirs.
    Yes--people can be funny about Tand C.

I just offered a Bride an emailed Contract ( many thanks to help from Angela at Corabar ) but she said post it so we can read it and send it back

A bit irrelevant really--I have 2 conditions-

1.Im not responsible for anything

2.Cancellation for any reason triggers a cancellation charge.

So that didnt take long to read then!

I know there are many many grey areas---fortunately my type of gigs dont seem to create problems in the same way as Disco bookings

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    ...fortunately my type of gigs dont seem to create problems in the same way as Disco bookings
    No bookings create problems...... until they do!