Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's keep this useful and tight

Default Let's keep this useful and tight

Can I say, with greatest of respect for some of the regular contributors to the forums, that it would be a great deal tighter and more useful, if we kept the chat in the right place. This is a music forum. So if the thread is say, 'Slowies' either post some ideas or keep quiet. I've just spent ages wading through chat and daft comments - there's a place for that. If you're lonely, go down the pub! I really like this place but I get the feeling it's a bar stool for some people and trawling through the tattle to get to something relavant to the thread appears to be getting more difficult and time consuming.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Mirror Ball View Post
    Can I say, with greatest of respect for some of the regular contributors to the forums, that it would be a great deal tighter and more useful, if we kept the chat in the right place. This is a music forum. So if the thread is say, 'Slowies' either post some ideas or keep quiet. I've just spent ages wading through chat and daft comments - there's a place for that. If you're lonely, go down the pub! I really like this place but I get the feeling it's a bar stool for some people and trawling through the tattle to get to something relavant to the thread appears to be getting more difficult and time consuming.
    ho hum..

we have a new mod i see

To an extent you have a point, but it's innevitable that topics will stray from time to time. We do try to steer things back on track if it veers too far from the original point, but with a forum of this size sometimes things are missed. It's all about creating a fine balance though. The 'chat and daft comments' are as vital to this online community as the serious information. I'd hate to see things so clinical that we can't have a bit of fun or let people's personalities come out.

Quote Originally Posted by KMA Discos View Post
    we have a new mod i see
    He raised a point that he felt strongly about. Opinions and discussion are the fundamental backbones of an online forum. Let's cut him some slack please.

I've just spent ages wading through chat and daft comments - there's a place for that. If you're lonely, go down the pub!

I don't disagree with your main point, but what makes you think you have an automatic right to have all the information and resources you want organised into neat threads?

OK, threads go off topic, but usually after the initial topic has been dealt with. It doesn't take much to sift through threads to seperate the banter from the serious posts - you're not paying for these forums so you can't exactly complain.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    He raised a point that he felt strongly about. Opinions and discussion are the fundamental backbones of an online forum. Let's cut him some slack please.
    i understand what you mean but as he is a new member if dont seem right that he should be telling what to do (in a way)

i do agree that threads do go off topic but thats usuall because the main question has been explained or answered like what beerfunk said but if the original question has been sorted then why keep talking about it

And I thought I was a bit blunt! good luck with that one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    I agree....but there are better ways to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by colint View Post
    And I thought I was a bit blunt! good luck with that one!!!!
    I also agree.......blunt for a new comer.....IMO.
    Sorry.....it's the way i feel......
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I agree that sometimes things get a bit daft and I m probably a big contributor to that but to be honest the bold bit is just a little on the condesending side??? I think most questions on here do get answered quickly and effectively but one or two of us do suffer from Ihaveanoutgoingpersonalityandlikealaughandajokealo tofthetimeitis

if this causes distress alarm or discomfort to anyone then i am sorry. but peoples personalitys will come over in replys in threads after all it is a forum for discussion and not the encyclopedia britannica.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote