Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's keep this useful and tight

Seldom good netiquette to tell a well-established board how it should be run on your ninth post... good point or not.
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Just to mark a point useful & tight don't really go with music! one of the things I really like about my "work" is it's fun (most of the time) when you get to serious the fun stops and then it becomes just work!

so being truthful I don't really see a place for useful & tight! yes we do all sometimes go of key a little, but hey! look at the imformation you have at the click of a mouse!
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Quote Originally Posted by KMA Discos View Post
    i understand what you mean but as he is a new member if dont seem right that he should be telling what to do (in a way)
    ...and you've only been here a short time yourself KMA!

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    He raised a point that he felt strongly about. Opinions and discussion are the fundamental backbones of an online forum. Let's cut him some slack please.
    Well said, I completely agree Shaun, and I don't think anyone should put down another member for stating their opinion, however many posts they have - so long as it isn't a personal attack on another member.

Funnily enough I had made exactly the same point to Steve the other day about how topics seem to be going off topic and into sillyness so quickly recently.

I absolutely agree that we should have some fun along the way, and when a thread has been going a while and the original point has been dealt with, I don't see any harm in it going off on a tangent then, but IMHO a few recently have more or less gone off-topic into la-la-land from the 2nd post onwards.... which I am sure can be rather frustrating for the original poster of the thread or for anyone else interested in the intended subject matter of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KMA Discos View Post
    i understand what you mean but as he is a new member if dont seem right that he should be telling what to do (in a way)
    Um.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Baby Mirror Ball Aug 2007

...Funnily enough I had made exactly the same point to Steve the other day about how topics seem to be going off topic and into sillyness so quickly recently.

I absolutely agree that we should have some fun along the way, and when a thread has been going a while and the original point has been dealt with, I don't see any harm in it going off on a tangent then, but IMHO a few recently have more or less gone off-topic into la-la-land from the 2nd post onwards.... which I am sure can be rather frustrating for the original poster of the thread or for anyone else interested in the intended subject matter of the thread.
    & I have posted as much (either on Thursday or Friday, somebody didn't read all the recent posts did they?) The thread mentioned in the original post went off topic over a year ago & was brought back on topic when it was revived on Thursday.

By the way, as this thread isn't actually about music, it's actually in the wrong forum section.

Could all members please remember to start threads in the correct forum. Thanks.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    By the way, as this thread isn't actually about music, it's actually in the wrong forum section.

Could all members please remember to start threads in the correct forum. Thanks.
    Suppose I'd better put it somewhere more relevant now
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Well said, I completely agree Shaun, and I don't think anyone should put down another member for stating their opinion, however many posts they have - so long as it isn't a personal attack on another member.

Funnily enough I had made exactly the same point to Steve the other day about how topics seem to be going off topic and into sillyness so quickly recently.
    Yes, but why shouldn't we tell him what we think, if he's rude to us? There was nothing personal or offensive said by us, but there certainly was by him - otherwise this thread wouldn't have had as many replies.

Fair enough, but personally, I thought that some of the replies were OTT. I didn't think the original post was that rude, but I thought some of the replies were. Just my opinion.....

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    Yes, but why shouldn't we tell him what we think, if he's rude to us? There was nothing personal or offensive said by us, but there certainly was by him - otherwise this thread wouldn't have had as many replies.
    Fair enough, but personally, I thought that some of the replies were OTT. I didn't think the original post was that rude, but I thought some of the replies were. Just my opinion.....
    I can see both POVs

This is pretty much the point I'm making. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Mirror Ball View Post
    This is pretty much the point I'm making. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
    I think everyone agrees with you in principle, it was just the manner in which you made the your point! Don't worry about it, we're all thick skinned, the ones that aren't don't come back!