Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Text Talk, bad spelling, poor grammar, and literacy laziness.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    Things are getting really bad again, so I thought I'd give this thread another gentle nudge to the top. If you haven't read this thread already then please do!

A good tool for checking the spelling in your posts is ieSpell. (http://www.iespell.com/). It's a spell checker that is integrated into your (IE) browser, which makes checking spelling on the forum very easy (see screen shot below).

Or download google toolbar

Totally agree, as I have said many times before, not bothering to make any effort just shows a total disrespect for your fellow DJ. Well said Shaun!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Or download google toolbar
    Indeed. Daz had already mentioned that in post #2. I was merely offering an altenative that I've found works well for me.

ppentertainments

Indeed. Daz had already mentioned that in post #2. I was merely offering an altenative that I've found works well for me.
    Just for those people, like me, who don't read all the thread.

You didn't even read post # 20 in full did you, in particular this line....

If you haven't read this thread already then please do!

on BBC 4 (Andy Hamilton presented it - "Its Only A Theory") - a professor of linguistics (David Crystal) espoused texting as being beneficial to language and made excellent points which I think bear considering - here's an article on the same subject from the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008...guardianreview

Quote Originally Posted by Megamix View Post
    on BBC 4 (Andy Hamilton presented it - "Its Only A Theory") - a professor of linguistics (David Crystal) espoused texting as being beneficial to language and made excellent points which I think bear considering - here's an article on the same subject from the Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008...guardianreview
    The link didn't work. Regardless, 'texting' will never be permissible here on the forum. The points outlined in the OP still stand.
    Last edited by soundtracker; 05-04-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Use Chrome - Google tool-bar built in (although it can't spell Google ).
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Quote Originally Posted by Megamix View Post
    Sorry Dave no disrespect but I'd rather have my eyes gouged out in a torture chamber

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

I get what you are all saying, but guess what, im going to play the dyslexia card. (report attached)

I try extremely hard to make sure that my spelling is correct. (I am also working on my grammar and punctuation but I am finding it really hard to understand). I have even changed over to Mac's so that I can highlight the text and it reads it out to me.

But does it really matter that much if people slip up a few times on a forum. Its a place to chat to others and pass on knowledge and advice not an English Exam! I recently had one of my posts picked up by admin because i put 'U' instead of 'you'. know i appologise for this but does it really need to be highlighted in red with a "Admin: Text talk isn't permitted. Please read the forum rules for clarification." at the bottom of the post.

This does knock your confidence a bit.
    Last edited by Shaun; 28-12-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    Mobile Discos | Quiz Nights | Race Nights
    RONEDJS.CO.UK