Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Using videos to promote services

Hybrid View

Shaun, would you offer video editing as a service?

I understand you're really busy with your design but do you reckon (some point this year - near your quiet times perhaps?) that it's something you'd consider?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    That looks fantastic Shaun. Did you take all the video's yourself? What type of camera was used?
    Thanks. Clips taken on my cheap handheld Sony camcorder (AmazonAmazon . The video takes not too bad footage but it has a lot of niggles that I hate. It goes focus crazy in low light (disco) situations. So half the footage I take is unusable. And anything higher than background music and the on board mic distorts the sound - which is the sole reason all my disco footage has an overdub of music added at the production stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Shaun, would you offer video editing as a service?

I understand you're really busy with your design but do you reckon (some point this year - near your quiet times perhaps?) that it's something you'd consider?
    You've asked that before

Honestly, it's not something I'd ever offer as a service. For several reasons really.

1: I'm 'ok' at it as an amateur hobby. Nowhere near a level that I would feel comfortable charging for.
    2: Unlike my design services the editing takes me a while to sort through and decide how to best edit them. The fee I'd have to charge for the huge amount of time spent on it would be very pricey as the process is a lengthy affair for me.
    3: It's hit or a miss if the software works. Major issues with my PC has ruled out my 2 favourite video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro...and the more basic (but my all time favourite) 'Pinnacle Studio HD'). Both keep crashing during rendering so I've had to move onto a relatively cheap and cheerful video editing suite (which I used to make the above video) but it's limited on it's features, but it's fantastic for first time movie makers! You should give it a go. It's VERY easy to get the hang off! AVS Video Editor: http://www.avs4you.com/video.aspx

I'm more than happy to offer help and advice if you do give it a go, but I won't ever be offering editing as a service. There is a few expert editors here on the forum, First one that springs to mind is Max (member visualdjmax). He's forgot more about video editing than I'll ever know.
    Last edited by Shaun; 27-07-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Thanks. Clips taken on my cheap handheld Sony camcorder (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-HDRCX6-...dp/B000RF7TQQ). The video takes not too bad footage but it has a lot of niggles that I hate. It goes focus crazy in low light (disco) situations. So half the footage I take is unusable. And anything higher than background music and the on board mic distorts the sound - which is the sole reason all my disco footage has an overdub of music added at the production stage.

You've asked that before

Honestly, it's not something I'd ever offer as a service. For several reasons really.

1: I'm 'ok' at it as an amateur hobby. Nowhere near a level that I would feel comfortable charging for.
    2: Unlike my design services the editing takes me a while to sort through and decide how to best edit them. The fee I'd have to charge for the huge amount of time spent on it would be very pricey as the process is a lengthy affair for me.
    3: It's hit or a miss if the software works. Major issues with my PC has ruled out my 2 favourite video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro...and the more basic (but my all time favourite) 'Pinnacle Studio HD'). Both keep crashing during rendering so I've had to move onto a relatively cheap and cheerful video editing suite (which I used to make the above video) but it's limited on it's features, but it's fantastic for first time movie makers! You should give it a go. It's VERY easy to get the hang off! AVS Video Editor: http://www.avs4you.com/video.aspx

I'm more than happy to offer help and advice if you do give it a go, but I won't ever be offering editing as a service. There is a few expert editors here on the forum, First one that springs to mind is Tim (member tc1ooo). He's forgot more about video editing than I'll ever know.
    Thanks vey much for the info Shaun. I have downloaded the AVS Video Editor, and will give it a go. I was looking for software that I could use to capture stills from video, and hopefully this will. Thanks again.