Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: maximum external HDD supported by DENON HD2500

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    How on earth can you 'promise' what someone else will hear?
    Its a simple fact Darren, unless he is a dog with better than human hearing then he wont notice any difference, even at 192 its still very high quality with no noticeable difference.
    Maybe promise is the wrong word but I would put a wager on it that he would be more than satisfied with the quality if he ripped them at 320.

The point I am trying to make is that it takes a great deal of time ripping CD and I can't see the point ripping to wav and then to Mp3s after that!

I have ripped my CDs 3 times now (for various reasons) and know how mind numbingly boring it is!
    Technically, when you rip straight to MP3 there is a temp wav file made anyway for the MP3 encoding process, so I don't see why you shouldn't rip to wav, name the file then encode to MP3 in a second instance.

Quote Originally Posted by One Vision View Post
    Its a simple fact Darren, unless he is a dog with better than human hearing then he wont notice any difference, even at 192 its still very high quality with no noticeable difference.
    That's a very naive thing to say and you are only basing that on what you can hear - how on earth do you know what others hear?

Some people have better hearing that others for things like this. There are people called audiophiles that have acute hearing and can tell the difference.

I'm not one of them, but I know they are out there, so you can't possibly make a sweeping statement like that. It also depends on the kind of sound system you have.

it all depends on your playback system,

those of us with "Singing Drainpipes" notice different things in the tracks from conventional PA systems

Some people have better hearing that others for things like this. There are people called audiophiles that have acute hearing and can tell the difference.
    Yep. And age / years DJing plays a big part. When I let my roadie EQ up it always sounds better than when I do it myself

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame Case View Post
    maybe it is just me. i'm a bit particular when it comes to sound
    Its not just you

That's a very naive thing to say and you are only basing that on what you can hear - how on earth do you know what others hear?

I'm not one of them, but I know they are out there, so you can't possibly make a sweeping statement like that. It also depends on the kind of sound system you have.
    Darren even the D2 manual states you would be hard pushed to notice any difference even at 192.
    The only actual difference I have noticed is MP3 tends to be slightly lower in volume than the CD but even that can be rectified by ripping them at 320kbps and 44100hz stereo.
    I have heard the tracks through 2 different systems, my baby system and my mates 4k system.

Darren even the D2 manual states you would be hard pushed to notice any difference even at 192.
    The only actual difference I have noticed is MP3 tends to be slightly lower in volume than the CD but even that can be rectified by ripping them at 320kbps and 44100hz stereo.
    I have heard the tracks through 2 different systems, my baby system and my mates 4k system.
    And you are basing what you think other people's opinions are on a listen through 2 systems and what D2 say? And how on earth do Numark know what the playback system is?

Come on. Think about what you are saying.

There are many more refined systems and people with a more refined sense of hearing.

I am just giving my personal opinion and based on a mobile disco environment.
    I have good hearing and I personally would not say you can tell any difference if done at 320

I am just giving my personal opinion and based on a mobile disco environment.
    I have good hearing and I personally would not say you can tell any difference if done at 320
    That isn't what you said.

You said that others wouldn't be able to tell the difference.